End of Net Neutrality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
    Utterly brainwashed sheep.
    And at this point the debate is conceded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Regulations are to help the consumers. You can't expect business to self regulate.
      Of course they do. That statement shows a serious lack of knowledge of a private sector, consumer-driven economy.

Their self-regulation is giving the consumer the best product at the cheapest price, and producing what the consumers demand. If they can't do it, a competitor will. It's survival of the fittest.

Government mandates stop that from happening. They stifle consumer choice via mandates. The government at that point is driving ingenuity, production, etc, and not the consumer.

CAFE standards are prime example.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Of course they do. That statement shows a serious lack of knowledge of a private sector, consumer-driven economy.

Their self-regulation is giving the consumer the best product at the cheapest price, and producing what the consumers demand. If they can't do it, a competitor will. It's survival of the fittest.

Government mandates stop that from happening. They stifle consumer choice via mandates. The government at that point is driving ingenuity, production, etc, and not the consumer.

CAFE standards are prime example.

Name some self regulations that protect the consumer.

I can name govt regulations that protect the consumer

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Anthony, let us get a link for that.
          http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...gging-down-the

Comment

Regulations are to help the consumers. You can't expect business to self regulate.
            The FTC did fine in monitoring the ISPs before. They'll go back to doing it without punishing everybody for the crimes of a few.

Comment

And at this point the debate is conceded.
              No, it was just a wall of text that didn't warrant any proper response.

Comment

Can you explain how NN in particular is stifling competition?

Comment

• Do anti child labor laws stifle competition?

What about laws for food safety standards?

Just because a regulation exists it doesn't automatically = stifling competition.

Comment

Name some self regulations that protect the consumer.
                    Cell phones, for starters.

Gov't doesn't mandate their specs, and we are seeing leaps and bounds improvements on them.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    I can name govt regulations that protect the consumer
                    Maybe you can, but they still stifle consumer choice and that is my point.

And yes, we are free to make 'bad' choices. It's part of being free.

I don't need a nanny government to make choices for me. Maybe you do, but don't force them to hold my hand and make my choices for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                      No, it was just a wall of text that didn't warrant any proper response.
                      Then you should have refuted it with ease. Instead you resorted to insults.

Remember; "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -Socrates

Or to put it another way, when one resorts to insult they have conceded the debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X