Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inspiration

knowledge

Comment

As said before, they were much better back then. Still some good ones out but now I can't even find myself wanting to listen to them after all the liberal d-bags I know on facebook spam the feed with them calling them "inspirational" and "must see!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Crazy. I am related to a bloke who does a lot of these business motivational talks and based on his Facebook profile he is moneyed up. It's a weird one because I don't what job he had before that.

He's a good lad though and funny. I suppose he's like a sort of corporate comedian.

That said he had the balls to set up on his own and earn bucks. So he deserves everything he gets!

I work in the public sector. Not gonna lie I am jealous of these kind of guys a lot of the time. I give my current career about 8 years then I am gonna monetise the skills I have.
        Interesting this reminds me of this guy I went to high school with. I was all about hip hop in my high school days, B-Boying, battling, real deep into the culture and living that life. All while this kid was listening to Blues Traveler FFS was a studious geek who didn't want to rebel against his parents.

So we end up going to different colleges and I still kept in contact with him. He now teaches a hip hop seminar to aspiring rappers and hip hop artists. Like WTF? how the F did he even get this job and who the F thought he of all people would be qualified to even teach this and be paid for it? Dude was listening to Blues Traveler in high school and was in band class and was a geek. now he walks around all hard like he's a wannabe thugged out Russell Simmons in his 30's????

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          As said before, they were much better back then. Still some good ones out but now I can't even find myself wanting to listen to them after all the liberal d-bags I know on facebook spam the feed with them calling them "inspirational" and "must see!"
          I'm probably a liberal D-bag myself since I'd never vote Republican because I still remember all the racism that I experienced growing up and still do face today, but with all that being said, i don't find the Ted Talks to be inspirational at all or motivational or the least bit helpful in any way.

Unless you are like a spoiled white kid who had parents who gave you a participation trophy for just showing up, I don't see how these Ted Talks even do anything for anyone?

Comment

Working...
          X