Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Texans Owner Apparently Said, "Cant have the inmates running the prison"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it was intentionally racist, it's a very common phrase to use.

But people need to be more aware of what they're saying. You know people will get triggered hearing specific words and phrases in certain contexts.

Bad choice of words to use in 2017. If you don't want backlash from the public, choose your words wisely. If you don't care, then great, but be prepared for the PC army to tear you down and force you to apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      Look at this alt. Came right to the lounge without spending much time in NSB.

Nowadays all he posts about is issues that are against Blacks. Anytime he is on here you know he is arguing against Black issues.

We seen this script before with Elroy and Adrikitty.
      Whose alt am I? You've named a dozen names of who else I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        I don't think it was intentionally racist, it's a very common phrase to use.

But people need to be more aware of what they're saying. You know people will get triggered hearing specific words and phrases in certain contexts.

Bad choice of words to use in 2017. If you don't want backlash from the public, choose your words wisely. If you don't care, then great, but be prepared for the PC army to tear you down and force you to apologize.
        Nah, people should be more intelligent then hiding behind the "politically incorrect" talk.

What he said is flat out wrong. Not just politically incorrect.

Staying away from the racial side of it. When Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are at the negotiating table, do you think they like to be referred to as inmates trying to run the prison?

No employee worth his salt would take kindly to being refered to that way.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
          lol gimme a break, bet you didnt know that the players used to stay in the locker room for the national anthem until the govt paid the nfl to have players on the field a few years ago. military propaganda
          so that means that they are contracted to stand up during the national anthem at a football game....

if you dont that is a breach of contract im sure its there somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Where do you think this is headed? Do you think these protests die off without a single change like the Occupy Wall Street movement or do you view this as like a Second Civil Rights Movement?
            Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            An understanding by both sides that they need each other.
            more like they just need to grow up really!

all this nonsense.....

ill lay down some stats again.....

over 600 cop shootings last year in 2016....

how many were black? how many were white? spanish?

they only shoot black folks doe

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
              so that means that they are contracted to stand up during the national anthem at a football game....

if you dont that is a breach of contract im sure its there somewhere
              No.

They are not contracted to stand up.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                No.

They are not contracted to stand up.
                is there a fact that they get paid to stand up during the national anthem? yes or no?

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                  Apparently the players got very upset at this statement, and their star receiver skipped practice because of it.
                  Well good luck finding a job then... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                    is there a fact that they get paid to stand up during the national anthem? yes or no?
                    No.

That is not a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Nah, people should be more intelligent then hiding behind the "politically incorrect" talk.

What he said is flat out wrong. Not just politically incorrect.

Staying away from the racial side of it. When Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are at the negotiating table, do you think they like to be referred to as inmates trying to run the prison?

Probably not or maybe they just wouldn't care, who knows? But I do know that if Brady or Manning were referred to that, it wouldn't be newsworthy and no one would care.

Maybe the phrase is just old and outdated and will be phased out eventually. I've been hearing it ever since grade school and even in the workplace. I've used it myself even. I'm just desensitized and I see it as nothing more than an old metaphor not to be taken literally.

That's just where I'm coming from. But I'm smart enough to not refer to a league with a majority black players as inmates.

Comment

Working...
                      X