Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Houston Texans Owner Apparently Said, "Cant have the inmates running the prison"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    more like they just need to grow up really!

all this nonsense.....

ill lay down some stats again.....

over 600 cop shootings last year in 2016....

how many were black? how many were white? spanish?

they only shoot black folks doe

It's not just the shootings of black people. It's the everyday harassment, profiling, and constitutional rights violations that has urban neighborhoods essentially a police state.

The shootings are easy to point out because you can easily quote a statistic. What you can't see is the times young black men are harassed by police on an everyday basis that creates distrust and tension in the community. Tension that police use to their advantage because they know they have the full backing of the justice system behind them.

You had a unconstitutional police stop and frisk program in NYC for years which targeted black and brown men. Police were stopping innocent black and brown men on the street, asking for their papers, and searching them. This was going on in AMERICA. People being searched and seized without probable cause and without a warrant in AMERICA. This would never happen to white people at the same rate. You have corrupt police departments from the top on down terrorizing citizens. It builds up and explodes.

So yea it's easy to cite some statistics but not so easy to cite the underlying issues because most of them are never recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
      No.

That is not a fact.
      so the government didnt pay the nfl to have their players stand up, out on the field for the national anthem in order for them to seem more patriotic? yes or no?

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Probably not or maybe they just wouldn't care, who knows? But I do know that if Brady or Manning were referred to that, it wouldn't be newsworthy and no one would care.

Maybe the phrase is just old and outdated and will be phased out eventually. I've been hearing it ever since grade school and even in the workplace. I've used it myself even. I'm just desensitized and I see it as nothing more than an old metaphor not to be taken literally.

That's just where I'm coming from. But I'm smart enough to not refer to a league with a majority black players as inmates.
        The entire "NFL protests" saga has been in the news for a long time now. This is particularly newsworthy because the owner said it at a meeting that was supposed to help each side come together and he basically blew that up. It was the absolute worst time and place to use that figure of speech.

Anyways, im not out here calling him a racist or a slave master just because of this. Im just saying this isnt a PC issue its a stupidity issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          It's not just the shootings of black people. It's the everyday harassment, profiling, and constitutional rights violations that has urban neighborhoods essentially a police state.

The shootings are easy to point out because you can easily quote a statistic. What you can't see is the times young black men are harassed by police on an everyday basis that creates distrust and tension in the community. Tension that police use to their advantage because they know they have the full backing of the justice system behind them.

You had a unconstitutional police stop and frisk program in NYC for years which targeted black and brown men. Police were stopping innocent black and brown men on the street, asking for their papers, and searching them. This was going on in AMERICA. People being searched and seized without probable cause and without a warrant in AMERICA. This would never happen to white people at the same rate. You have corrupt police departments from the top on down terrorizing citizens. It builds up and explodes.

So yea it's easy to cite some statistics but not so easy to cite the underlying issues because most of them are never recorded.
          can not knock down the cops (majority) who are NOT like that in any way.

basically cant punish the many for the mistakes of a few.

unless you feel that the "system" itself is racist....

and by saying that its actually wrong since there are successful black/brown people in america

and ben shapiro has been arguing this for a while now and no one seems to understand or listen to actual facts and not opinions.

Comment

so the government didnt pay the nfl to have their players stand up, out on the field for the national anthem in order for them to seem more patriotic? yes or no?
            No.

The players have never ever signed any contract that requires them to stand during the anthem.

Thats why NFL owners can talk about benching players who do it, but cant talk about fines and suspensions.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              No. The players have never ever signed any contract that requires them to stand during the anthem.

the players get a paycheck no from the team?

THEY DONT NEED TO SIGN THE CONTRACT THEMSELVES!

just like when Brian urlacher for example liked drinking vitamin water and got fined for it because gatorade is the "official drink of the nfl" nonsense...

did urlacher sign a contract to only drink gatorade etc? obviously not.... did the team/nfl fine him for breaking a rule that THEY SIGNED? yup

Comment

can not knock down the cops (majority) who are NOT like that in any way.
                But the so called "majority" look the other way while it's being done. So they're complicit? They take an oath to uphold the law. That means even if their fellow officer is breaking the law they have taken an oath to stop him/her

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  But the so called "majority" look the other way while it's being done.
                  thats a stretch I would like some proof to back that claim

Comment

the players get a paycheck no from the team?

THEY DONT NEED TO SIGN THE CONTRACT THEMSELVES!

just like when Brian urlacher for example liked drinking vitamin water and got fined for it because gatorade is the "official drink of the nfl" nonsense...

did urlacher sign a contract to only drink gatorade etc? obviously not.... did the team/nfl fine him for breaking a rule that THEY SIGNED? yup
                    Wrong.

The NFLPA does sign the sponsorship contracts.

They arent just told what they can and cant wear/drink/use...

Comment

thats a stretch I would like some proof to back that claim
                      Which department do you want me to start with? Baltimore? Ferguson? NYPD? Seattle? Chicago? Orange County? Puerto Rico? Portland? Newark?

The DOJ has investigated 67 police departments since '94. Which one do you want me to start with?

Comment

Working...
                      X