No announcement yet.

Coach teaches kids about privilege with a simple game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    Problem is those parents and those homes. Parents who take no responsibility for raising their kids, and want to blame everyone else for it.
    Very true. I went to a ****hole of a school, so bad that it ended up getting shut down as it continued to meet standards and failed all inspections. The school was in a pretty bad area with a lot of substance abuse problems within households amongst other things. A lot of the kids didn't seem to stand a chance and if you took a guess at what their parents were like, you wouldn't be far wrong.

Anyway they closed that school and another schooled and merged them together into a new "better" school with more funding and nothing has changed. They were looking at it all wrong. They were thinking a better school would have improved things and the kids would be more willing to learn. No, it's still the same kids from the same families and the school has gone to **** already.

If you WANT to be educated in a country like USA or my country (UK), you can get an education, it isn't the 3rd world, no matter how rough some parts are, people need to remember that. The schools are there, maybe some aren't great but they exist. There's free libraries everywhere, access to internet etc. etc. If you get your head down and study and learn, you can do it regardless of your surroundings and background. It's just a lot of them have had a negative and victim mentality instilled in them from a young age.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      You done ****ed up my day...in a good way..

Thanks...lil brother..

Comment

Originally posted by Suup View Post
        Black people run at lightning speeds doe so it evens out.

And when you throw in a $100 bill?

Hell, no way whitey can beat them in that race.
        I can..id hit em up in a ****ed up way...pre race...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          So the privilege walk proves whites make better parents than anyone else, right?
          This^^^^

But somehow it will be whiteys fault..

I get that blacks have faced many hardships throughout history.. but family structure is something the urban black community has to take responsibility for..
          This is one of the keys to getting out of poverty

Comment

That coach seems like a dick.

He basically ensured that an already priveledged white kid would win while humiliating the blacks.

Comment

I think he explained it well. In the race of life some people DO start out with an advantage or a disadvantage through no fault of their own.

It's a commendable goal to try to ensure everyone gets an equal start or as close to one as possible.

It's not about equal outcomes...everybody still has to run their race. It's about society shooting for an equal starting line.

Comment

why do poor people have kids

i dont want to sound cruel but damn. if you cant afford to live on your own, how can you afford another mouth ?!?!? and then want to bltch and moan about how hard they have it ?!?!?

''i have to work 3 jobs to make ends meet.''

AND ?!?!?!?!?

'' i have mouthS to feed.''

AND
                !?!?!?

''i had to drop out of school because i was an ignorant slut who couldnt keep my legs closed....''

AND ?!?!?!?

dumb fncks should be laughed at, not pitied.

Comment

Actually I took it both as a message to the kids from single parent homes. If you want your kids to be successful you have to make a commitment to providing stability. I don't see it as a racial thing. I see it as universal. There are plenty of single parent families where I live. Lots actually. The population is ( just guessing) 97 percent European ancestry. What we do have is high unemployment. As the unemployment rate went up the number of divorces and single parent families shot up. 12 thousand people worked in the steel mill when I started there 40 years ago. There are barely 3 thousand now. Jobs and parental stability are big factors in having a stable family structure.

Comment

Truly heartwarming, I got the hair rose on the back of my neck watching that clip.

It's true, some are born with certain head starts and privileges, hectari understands this, he worked hard to provide for his ex, but what she really wanted was a BBC. Something he wasn't blessed with unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      Do you just enjoy swimming in a pool of victimhood? You bathe in its waters.

That video starts with a great question, basically asking the kids who came from a two parent home where both parents were around. From there on it's a snowball effect to success.

1. Finish Highschool
                      2. Don't have kids out of wedlock
                      3. Don't commit crime

And

4. Say hello to the opportunities you will get to become successful.
                      Why do you people act so dense, or it is just plausible deniability? It is not about individuality, because when society speaks of whites it speaks of the collective and same when it speaks of blacks. It is not "victimhood" to say that whites are ahead because of the collective privilege bestowed upon them because due to history. Whites had a 500 years head start in America.

50 years ago, blacks didn't have any rights. That is basically one generation ago, blacks were limited to second class citizenry. Pointing this out is not victimhood, but rather facts. It takes whites, as a group, 500 years to get to where they are in America today, but you expect blacks to do it in 50 years? This what white privilege looks like, uneven playing field. Blacks always have to work harder to prove themselves.

Comment

Working...
                      X