No announcement yet.

Coach teaches kids about privilege with a simple game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    Very true. I went to a ****hole of a school, so bad that it ended up getting shut down as it continued to meet standards and failed all inspections. The school was in a pretty bad area with a lot of substance abuse problems within households amongst other things. A lot of the kids didn't seem to stand a chance and if you took a guess at what their parents were like, you wouldn't be far wrong.

Anyway they closed that school and another schooled and merged them together into a new "better" school with more funding and nothing has changed. They were looking at it all wrong. They were thinking a better school would have improved things and the kids would be more willing to learn. No, it's still the same kids from the same families and the school has gone to **** already.

If you WANT to be educated in a country like USA or my country (UK), you can get an education, it isn't the 3rd world, no matter how rough some parts are, people need to remember that. The schools are there, maybe some aren't great but they exist. There's free libraries everywhere, access to internet etc. etc. If you get your head down and study and learn, you can do it regardless of your surroundings and background. It's just a lot of them have had a negative and victim mentality instilled in them from a young age.

This is a big misconception. I can proudly say i came from what you people considered a "third world" country, and i was surprised at how backwards the school system was in your so-called "first world" country. Your teachers tried to grade me down, because they thought my writing was too mature for my age. I had to be correcting teachers in the class, and they had to take me one side and explained to me that they had to teach a certain way (dumb it down) so the students could understand. People applied for your schools not because they bear any substance, but rather for the name brand, because it seems most hiring company rather hire name brand than substance.

Question: Do think Harvard produce smart kids or just recruit smart kids?

This is the same reasons why Immigrants from so-called "third world" countries fly through the first world countries' education system without much issues. Open your eyes, for many of immigrants are outperforming the students of your so-called "developed countries". When i left my native country and came to your high school, i thought it was a big joke.

https://phys.org/news/2008-09-immigr...demically.html
    Last edited by megas30; 10-12-2017, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
      This is a big misconception. I can proudly say i came from what you people considered a "third world" country, and i was surprised at how backwards the school system was in your so-called "first world" country. Your teachers tried to grade me down, because they thought my writing was too mature for my age. I had to be correcting teachers in the class, and they had to take me one side and explained to me that they had to teach a certain way (dumb it down) so the students could understand. People applied for your schools not because they bear any substance, but rather for the name brand, because it seems most hiring company rather higher name brand than substance.

Question: Do think Harvard produce smart kids or just recruit smart kids?

This is the same reasons why Immigrants from so-called "third world" countries fly through the first world countries' education system without much issues. Open your eyes, for many of immigrants are outperforming the students of your so-called "developed countries". When i left my native country and came to your high school, i thought it was a big joke.

https://phys.org/news/2008-09-immigr...demically.html
      I'm not saying all that isn't true. In fact i know people that come from countries considered third world that received a good education.

I guess my wording was wrong, but i'm sure you can gather what i meant. The point i was making was there's a lot of resources available in countries like USA for anybody to use, which isn't that widely available in many countries and people take it for granted. Maybe the education system is better in some "poorer" countries than people realise, but also in some countries the resources are barely there at all.

The point was that there's very little excuse for people in some countries to be uneducated when all the resources are in place. It comes down to lack of motivation or bad influences around them i.e parenting.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        Why do you people act so dense, or it is just plausible deniability? It is not about individuality, because when society speaks of whites it speaks of the collective and same when it speaks of blacks. It is not "victimhood" to say that whites are ahead because of the collective privilege bestowed upon them because due to history. Whites had a 500 years head start in America.

50 years ago, blacks didn't have any rights. That is basically one generation ago, blacks were limited to second class citizenry. Pointing this out is not victimhood, but rather facts. It takes whites, as a group, 500 years to get to where they are in America today, but you expect blacks to do it in 50 years? This what white privilege looks like, uneven playing field. Blacks always have to work harder to prove themselves.

Whites have had it better in this country over the past several centuries no doubt about it. But today the playing field is a lot more evened out.

50 years ago under segregation Black American families only had something like a 20% divorce rate/single home, and had a much higher employment number, there was sense of community and the crime rate was much lower.

Fast forward 50 years and the divorce rate/single parent homes are close to 80%, employment is down, and the crime rate skyrocketed.

What happened, did America become more racist and white supremacist in those next 50 years?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          What is the point of it? Are we supposed to lower our expectations for black people because they lack privilege? Treat em differently? Donate money to them? I just don't know where this all leads to?
          I dont think this video is looking for a hand out more than a general understanding of why things are the way they are in certain communities.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
            That coach seems like a dick.

He basically ensured that an already priveledged white kid would win while humiliating the blacks.
            In a foot race Id still put my $ on the brothas.

Comment

What a crock of ****, another ******* teaching kids that everyone that is black is a victim, black community's are the victims of their own culture. FACT.

Self described victims can kiss my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                Fast forward 50 years and the divorce rate/single parent homes are close to 80%, employment is down, and the crime rate skyrocketed.

What happened, did America become more racist and white supremacist in those next 50 years?
                Go back just 8 years and see what has happened with race relations in that time. Obama is gone now and most blacks are victims because of it and the rest of us are just racists.

Comment

Originally posted by Stebs View Post
                  What a crock of ****, another ******* teaching kids that everyone that is black is a victim, black community's are the victims of their own culture. FACT.

Self described victims can kiss my ass.
                  I dont think this is as much of the victim game as much as you think. This is more to give you an understanding of what and who you deal with not more so a black or a minority is a victim.

Comment

[QUOTE=JimRaynor;18130594]
                    Whites have had it better in this country over the past several centuries no doubt about it. But today the playing field is a lot more evened out.
                    The discussion is relative. When people speak of blacks in America, it is relative to how other peoples are doing. The answer is that everyone else had a head start, so of course blacks are going to be behind.

50 years ago under segregation Black American families only had something like a 20% divorce rate/single home, and had a much higher employment number, there was sense of community and the crime rate was much lower.
                    This is not a black thing. Divorce rates are falling all over the globe. It has to do with feminism. Women just don't want to be housewives anymore and can afford to look after themselves.

Read the above.

No. They become more feminist and, yes, feminism does affect black families as well. But, the answer to the real question as why blacks are still behind everyone else in terms of economics, educations, and wealth, etc, it is because everyone else had a head start. We are catching up and it is very fast. Black women are already the most educated groups in America in a feminist world.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                      I'm not saying all that isn't true. In fact i know people that come from countries considered third world that received a good education.

I guess my wording was wrong, but i'm sure you can gather what i meant. The point i was making was there's a lot of resources available in countries like USA for anybody to use, which isn't that widely available in many countries and people take it for granted. Maybe the education system is better in some "poorer" countries than people realise, but also in some countries the resources are barely there at all.

The point was that there's very little excuse for people in some countries to be uneducated when all the resources are in place. It comes down to lack of motivation or bad influences around them i.e parenting.
                      I think it is the culture. From my experience, i remember the foreign born kids would skip classes to go play ball, while myself and the other immigrant kids would shake our heads. I think the native born kids are spoiled and entitled. They know they can not have an education and still get a decent paying job, so most don't really care for the education. While in the so-called "Third World", without some sort of formal education you are doomed to a life of poverty or crime.

Comment

Working...
                      X