Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have your opinions on gun control laws changed over recent incidents?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all the gun laws and background checks you can think of won't stop the gun violence in America. the vast majority of our gun crime is committed by gangs with illegally acquired handguns. i can see why someone would believe that restricting AR-15s etc. would curb the "efficiency" of these mass shooters but, like what we've already seen in Europe, they'll just find other ways to do it. so... you've limited your rights to defend yourself and now you've been run over by a truck.

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    Good guys will use guns for good, bad guys will use guns for bad. Restricting gun ownership only makes us a bigger target. If everyone had a gun, psychos would think twice before opening fire. Everyone would be more cautious around each other.
    Vermont has a **** ton of guns and very little gun crime. i don't believe the state even has gun laws lol.
    Last edited by John Barron; 10-03-2017, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Barron View Post
      all the gun laws and background checks you can think of won't stop the gun violence in America. the vast majority of our gun crime is committed by gangs with illegally acquired handguns. i can see why someone would believe that restricting AR-15s etc. would curb the "efficiency" of these mass shooters but, like what we've already seen in Europe, they'll just find other ways to do it. so... you've limited your rights to defend yourself and now you've been run over by a truck.

Vermont has a **** ton of guns and very little gun crime. i don't believe the state even has gun laws lol.
      Got any stats on Texas? They're pretty lax on gun laws right? I wanna know what their gun crime situation looks like.

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
        Got any stats on Texas? They're pretty lax on gun laws right? I wanna know what their gun crime situation looks like.
        A quick Google Texas 1,300 murders in 2015.

4.8 rate.

About average for the country.

Crazy thing is I remember the city of los angeles having like around same number of murders 1 yr. In the 1990s.

Kinda shows how murder is down the last 2 decades.

Comment

• Still the same. I'm pro guns but I don't go far right like the NRA. Some dudes want silencers, no background checks, and all that stuff. I disagree.

Fuck the far right and the far left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            Still the same. I'm pro guns but I don't go far right like the NRA. Some dudes want silencers, no background checks, and all that stuff. I disagree.

Fuck the far right and the far left.
            Yeah I think you need to find a middle ground, not just with guns, but with all aspects of life. If you have too much or too little of anything, the balance is out of whack. Life is all about balance.

Comment

Yeah I think you need to find a middle ground, not just with guns, but with all aspects of life. If you have too much or too little of anything, the balance is out of whack. Life is all about balance.
              True. The reason the country is divided is cause both sides are trying to shove their shit down people's throats. Their way of life if the only correct one. If you disagree, you're a leftist or right wing racist lover. Too many sheep in this country.

Comment

• There is a certain profile to these mass murder types but law enforcement and the media are in denial

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                  True. The reason the country is divided is cause both sides are trying to shove their shit down people's throats. Their way of life if the only correct one. If you disagree, you're a leftist or right wing racist lover. Too many sheep in this country.
                  You hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    A quick Google Texas 1,300 murders in 2015.

4.8 rate.

About average for the country.

Crazy thing is I remember the city of los angeles having like around same number of murders 1 yr. In the 1990s.

Kinda shows how murder is down the last 2 decades.
                    did the Mexican drug war have any impact at all in Texas or is that statistic separate? it was heating up during 2010-2012 and many of the low level gangs in Texas fight for these cartels. surely there must have been spillage across borders.

Comment

• Switzerland is loaded with guns and has little gun violence.

Comment

Working...
                      X