No announcement yet.

Why do we need tax cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Honestly, it won't even do that (even if the money only went to yacht cleaners, they still eat food, have vehicles, raise families, enjoy time off, and other ways to spend money).

The money will be pocketed, put into some tax deferred asset, before being passed along to their children in tax-free ways.

The CEO's kids may buy their own yachts, but the money likely won't trickle beyond that.

So eliminating corporate tax breaks like Puerto Rico did in 2006 really was a positive for the island. Over a decade later they are in much better shape than they were during the time of corporate giveaways?

Comment

• Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      So when Puerto Rico eliminated corporate tax breaks in 2006, that helped the island? The past decade they have been much better off because those evil CEOs and their corporations don't get tax breaks..

Prosperity flooded the island after getting rid of tax breaks, is that correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        An LLC, if the rate is cut (most LLCs aren't gigantic) will likely spend the freed up money to further build their business.

GE or Apple or Clorox or Coca-Cola or AT&T, or a host of other businesses, are deeply unlikely to change their business plans on the numerical movement of the statutory tax rate (a move to a territorial system, where taxes are paid at whatever rate is charged in the market being served, has far more to do with a business decision than whether the US stated rate is 35% or 25%).

Any gain off of the tax cut for most corporations will likely be moved into financial instruments, rather than capital expenditures (made doubly clear by the reality that any change now, by deliberate political design, will only be the law for a 10-year window).

So you are saying businesses don't change business plans if tax implications change?

So none of the corporations changed anything in Puerto Rico after government stopped the tax break giveaways for corporations in 2006?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          So when Puerto Rico eliminated corporate tax breaks in 2006, that helped the island? The past decade they have been much better off because those evil CEOs and their corporations don't get tax breaks..

Republican tax cuts for the rich do not help the middle class is what I'm saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
            By faaaaaar the biggest beneficiaries of Trump's proposed tax reform is the top 1% whilst some lower earners actually end up paying more

Coupled with the fact that it is totally unfunded and the thing is already dead in the water
            Unfunded???

How does one fund taking money from someone else?

Maybe we have a spending problem..

When 3.3 trillion isn't enough to last a year, I doubt that revenue and low taxes are too blame.

What does the government spend the 3.3 trillion on plus the 350 billion we borrow every year?
            What are they spending it on?

Can you give a budget breakdown showing where this money is going and why it's not enough?

Comment

Republican tax cuts for the rich do not help the middle class is what I'm saying.
              Why does middle class need help?

But yes trumps tax plan is flawed in that regard, 10% to 12% is absolute BS and why I'm against his current version of tax reform

Comment

Bill Clinton's tax cuts for the rich, via his Cap Gains tax cuts, sure did.

Care to explain how that happened?

Comment

Thanks for that info on Puerto Rico's disastrous tax increasing policies and its adverse effects.

I notice not one of the liberals who love to argue will even touch it.

I'll be using that in future debates.

Comment

So Puerto Rico has been much better off after eliminating corporate giveaways and getting rid of those evil corporations?
                    You have to be desperate to bring Puerto Rico into an economic discussion. How about those Bush tax cuts?

Comment

• Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
                      You have to be desperate to bring Puerto Rico into an economic discussion. How about those Bush tax cuts?
                      You didn't answer my question

Puerto Rico better off not giving corporate tax breaks, yes or no?

Comment

Working...
                      X