No announcement yet.

Why do we need tax cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
    I'm so sick of this nonsense. The extra dough will be pocketed by the fat cat CEOs. The trickle down will go to the people cleaning their new yachts.
    That quote on your signature bothers me. Foreman/Briggs might've been one of the worst robberies I've ever seen.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        You mean the tax package that almost immediately needed an amended package since it didn't work, or the package that was specifically crafted to be deficit neutral?
        What are you babbling about?

I cited TWO instances where tax rate cuts resulted in increased tax revenue.

I'd like your take. What's the problem here?
        Last edited by 1bad65; 09-29-2017, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
          we don't need tax cuts, the super wealthy and corporations do. this kind of stuff is taught in business schools like Wharton, make the little guy (consumer) pay all the costs and increase profit. trickle down theory which has been in practice since Reagan ( and doesn't work) is based on the same idea. it only works if we don't realize we're the ones being screwed

curious if you've ever been in an executive position or owned a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            ...., 8 out of 10 folks who file end up getting a federal tax refund.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/13/pf/t...nds/index.html
            Even for a Gruber you are slow.

When you get a refund it doesn't mean you don't pay taxes. It means you overpaid over the year and you get SOME of it back. You still paid some taxes.

Your own source explained it!! You fool, you're not even reading your own sources!

No wonder Gruber mocked you guys for being "stupid".
            Last edited by 1bad65; 09-29-2017, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              How much did you pay in taxes this year? I'm not asking how much was withheld from your paycheck. How much was the check you wrote to the government?
              That's none of your business.

I pay thousands in income taxes every year. We'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Tax cuts aren't "giving" anyone anything.

It lets those who actually earned the money keep more of it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  curious if you've ever been in an executive position or owned a business.
                  Well he's damn sure never taken an Economics class.

His use of the made up term "trickle down" that doesn't appear in any Economics textbooks proves that.

Comment

Clowns who don't work for a living are the ones who are crying about tax cuts. Who wouldn't want to keep more of the money they earned? As for corporate tax cuts...has a poor man ever given someone a job? You have to offer some incentive to corporations to remain here or they take their jobs and their money and set up shop in India or Mexico.

Comment

Corporate tax reform is necessary because the statutory rate of 35% is very high compared to other developed and industrial nations. The majority of companies that are publicly traded and many private companies are organized as "C-corps." C-corporations are taxed at the corporate level (based on tiered rates, the highest 35%) and when earnings are distributed to the shareholders as dividends they are taxed on the individual's tax return. Thus, you have double taxation.

The result is that corporations cannot afford to reinvest earnings into growing the business. This affects the number of people they hire, the amount spend on capital assets and research and development spending.
                      Last edited by BostonGuy; 09-29-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X