No announcement yet.

Why do we need tax cuts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Honestly, it won't even do that (even if the money only went to yacht cleaners, they still eat food, have vehicles, raise families, enjoy time off, and other ways to spend money).

The money will be pocketed, put into some tax deferred asset, before being passed along to their children in tax-free ways.

The CEO's kids may buy their own yachts, but the money likely won't trickle beyond that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Lmao!!

NAFTA was a disaster for American workers and you want a trade deal that goes even further???

TPP was such a raw deal that Hillary had to flip-flop to try and snooker voters into believing she opposed it.

When even Hillary Clinton can't defend it and try to sell it, you know it's a jacked up deal.
      How is free trade a disaster for the American worker, and the American people generally?

Hillary Clinton is a shill, but miss me with the rest of your protectionist bull****. Farmers/ranchers win out a ton, the tariffs on autos into Japan basically go to zero, and you'd have far more markets where superior US goods no longer have many barriers to entry.

With TPP and the US/EU deal, you'd be looking at a world where US goods would literally have no barriers to entry anywhere. Irish whiskey vs American whiskey in Ireland/EU, US trains versus trains that are produced anywhere else, etc.

The US doesn't have competitive advantage in every industry, but we've got it in most, and folks like you who ignore that are fools.

Comment

How is free trade a disaster for the American worker, and the American people generally?
        Strawman argument.

I never said that.

The rest of it is conjecture, and bad conjecture at that. Since NAFTA failed to live up to it's promise, only a fool would believe TPP would live up to it's promises.

Please, try again.

Without fallacy this time.

Comment

Strawman argument.

I never said that.

The rest of it is conjecture, and bad conjecture at that. Since NAFTA failed to live up to it's promise, only a fool would believe TPP would live up to it's promises.

Please, try again.

Without fallacy this time.
          You literally wrote that NAFTA was a disaster for the American worker; a simple scroll up will show exactly where you wrote what you wrote.

So what are you talking about?

Comment

You literally wrote that NAFTA was a disaster for the American worker; a simple scroll up will show exactly where you wrote what you wrote.
            Correct.

I said "NAFTA" was a disaster.

You altered that to me saying "free trade" was a disaster and thus created a strawman argument.

This isn't your first strawman argument, but please try and make it your last.

Comment

Correct.

I said "NAFTA" was a disaster.

You altered that to me saying "free trade" was a disaster and thus created a strawman argument.

This isn't your first strawman argument, but please try and make it your last.
              Can you point to a free trade deal that you actually support?

Comment

I'll entertain that question if you can challenge my earlier points without fallacy, or you go ahead and just finally concede they are indeed factual.

Comment

Anytime we trade with countries with similar labor laws.
                  But corporations and politicians have undercut that by forcing companies to adhere to labor laws in America, but allow them thru trade acts like nafta to use cheap labor not protected by labor laws..
                  So Americans lose jobs to countries with no or inferior labor laws..

Nafta absolutely wrecked our middle class

Nafta would be fine if it was Canada n US.. add in a train wreck like Mexico and it ruins everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Anytime we trade with countries with similar labor laws.
                    But corporations and politicians have undercut that by forcing companies to adhere to labor laws in America, but allow them thru trade acts like nafta to use cheap labor not protected by labor laws..
                    So Americans lose jobs to countries with no or inferior labor laws..
                    Add regulations to that.

While our industries here are mired in red tape and massive regulations, we have to compete wirh countries that have little to none of those job killers.

Between wages and regulations, the American worker has almost no chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      The tax money used to fund welfare goes right back into the bank accounts of the wealthiest Americans that own the corporations that make the food and goods poor buy with their welfare.

While I understand you don't want to pay for people that are not working, lets not pretend the poor take this money and save it and build some massive empire off of it.
                      By that logic why don't we tax the wealthiest folk at 90% since it will go back into their pockets anyways.

Comment

Working...
                      X