Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many PPG would a prime Michael Jordan average in today's NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post

A prime Jordan averages at least 50PPG if he played in this charmin soft ass era. Jordan averaged 37PPG in the 80's....that's like 70PPG today.
    Easily over 30 ppg, today's NBA is soft.

Comment

30 and that's generous. He would mostly play Eastern Conference teams which all suck now.

Then he goes out West to murderer's row and GS slays him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        probably around 23ppg.

There are actual SG that can move laterally now. Jordan had a field day against pilons but he would be struggling in today's NBA. His biggest defensive stoppers were PG like Gary Payton. He would have trouble scoring 82 games a season rather than 1 or 2 games in the 80-90's.

Comment

Gary Payton was 6'4 180 lbs. He had no business giving Jordan trouble. Jordan should have ate him up.

Jordan never played against elite athletes at his position. In today's game every team has elite athletes at SG. Demar Derozan is more athletic than Jordan and has a similar game. Go look at his numbers.
          the extent of your basketball knowledge is that of kid who plays NBA 2K17 24/7

todays rules allows too much spacing & MJ, who had one of the quickest first step, would wipe the floor with these "elite" defenders. He dominated the league where big men rules the paint and had actual rim protectors waiting under the basket. And don't give me that crap that MJ couldn't shoot 3s. He once holds the most 3's made in a half in 92 Finals. He scorched '93 Knicks for 54 pts mostly by shooting 3s and outside shots.

you're worse than Nick Wright & Cowherd combined

Comment

I'm not a Jordan fan (I'm a Bad Boys era Pistons fan so I naturally hated the motherf**ker) but I recognize greatness, and dude would torch the league the same way he did back then. In fact he'd average more because of how soft and finesse the NBA has become. He ether'd the league nightly in the most physically brutal era the league has ever seen...he'd have a field day with this b*tch made version of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by MaD RoBoT View Post
              the extent of your basketball knowledge is that of kid who plays NBA 2K17 24/7

todays rules allows too much spacing & MJ, who had one of the quickest first step, would wipe the floor with these "elite" defenders. He dominated the league where big men rules the paint and had actual rim protectors waiting under the basket. And don't give me that crap that MJ couldn't shoot 3s. He once holds the most 3's made in a half in 92 Finals. He scorched '93 Knicks for 54 pts mostly by shooting 3s and outside shots.

you're worse than Nick Wright & Cowherd combined
              I'm 36 years old. Became a fan of basketball because of Jordan. I have more basketball knowledge in my pinky than you have in your entire body. My view on things is untainted by sentiment.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                since he cant shoot the 3 that well, prolly about 15ppg

he might get hurt tryin to guard speedsters like Wall or get turned around vs Kyrie and Steph

but he'll get about 15...just because of his Kobe-like drive
                Man u gotta be joking.... u are right?

Comment

I have more basketball knowledge in my pinky than you have in your entire body.
                  Demar Derozan is more athletic than Jordan and has a similar game. Go look at his numbers.
                  Last edited by MaD RoBoT; 07-20-2017, 12:38 AM.

Comment

49 points per game. He'd break wilts single game record in points. No big 4 could stop him.

Comment

Maybe 35 he'd shoot 15 free throws again because nobody would be able to stop him at the rim without fouling.

Comment

Working...
                      X