No announcement yet.

Can a case be made that Dirk Nowitizki is greater than Kobe Bryant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Shaq was too young in orlando, you could've paired almost anybody with prime Shaq and he would've won. They nearly won in 2004 in spite of Kobe being straight up cucked by Tayshaun Prince. That series showed just how overrated Kobe was, how do you let Tayshaun Prince lock you down?

Kobe has also been locked up by Sefolosha and Allen in the playoffs as well. Really inefficient player that has always been on some really stacked teams.
    That 2004 NBA finals leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      I don't know much about basketball...never saw either guy play (and I live in Dallas!) but Dirk's stats alone puts him top ten All Time. I don't know how that relates to Bryant, but Dirk has publicly stated he doesn't indulge in ass sex with his beautiful wife, so maybe he below Bryant in that dubious department.
      You can make a strong case for Dirk being the 2nd greatest foreign born player ever.

Top 10 ATG?

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        No.

He can't compare to kobe skills, talent, resume, name, legacy, etc.

He's a better shooter and taller. That's about it.
        Dirk was better at everything outside of dribbling. Dirk averages 24 to 26 most years on far higher efficiency than Kobe's 27 to 30.

Dirk was also better at man to man transition defense. He was a terror against Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Kobe never once beat a team better than the Heat team Dirk almost beat by himself.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
          No !!!! Forget rings and MVPs. Prime for prime Kobe was a much better player and in the talks for Greatest ever. You can't even talk about Dirk being best at his position at any point in his career. Kobe is better but Dirk is still a first ballot HOFer
          Not one person that understood basketball ever thought Kobe was greatest ever. Is this a sick joke? The gap between Kobe and Jordan(probably GOAT) is like the gap between Sugar Ray Leonard and Felix Trinidad.

Dirk was very close to Kobe during his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            Kobe

won more titles
            was more talented
            did more stat for stat

Dirk 21.7 pts 7.8 rebs 2.5 assists 0.6 steals 0.7 blocks

Kobe 25.0 points 5.2 rebs 4.7 assists 1.4 stls 0.5 blocks

where is this case coming from??

Stats don't mean anything. Dirk was far better at transition shooting and invented the new NBA stretch 4.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
              That 2004 NBA finals leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
              Hell yeah I still remember that series like it was yesterday. Pistons should've repeated, too. F**king Robert Horry, man. They were up like...9 I think? Game 7 in San Antonio with like 5 minutes to go. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
                Dirk was better at everything outside of dribbling. Dirk averages 24 to 26 most years on far higher efficiency than Kobe's 27 to 30.

Dirk was also better at man to man transition defense. He was a terror against Lebron/Wade/Bosh. Kobe never once beat a team better than the Heat team Dirk almost beat by himself.
                Lol better defense

Shooting fficiency is overrated

That just means you shoot when you're open

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Shaq was too young in orlando, you could've paired almost anybody with prime Shaq and he would've won. They nearly won in 2004 in spite of Kobe being straight up cucked by Tayshaun Prince. That series showed just how overrated Kobe was, how do you let Tayshaun Prince lock you down?

Kobe has also been locked up by Sefolosha and Allen in the playoffs as well. Really inefficient player that has always been on some really stacked teams.
                  Man u don't watch freaking basketball

Almost won in 2004?

Pistons almost swept the lakers, dumbass.

Guess which was the one game lakers won? When kobe went off.

And price didn't guard kobe by himself.

The whole pistons d focused on kobe.

Pistons plan was double, triple team kobe and make shaq beat them.

They gambled that stopping kobe, letting shaq go off and lakers couldn't win.

They were right. Shaq gassed.

Don't talk about stuff when u didn't watch the games, truck.

Comment

Lol better defense

Shooting fficiency is overrated

That just means you shoot when you're open
                    so you mean to say Kobe sucked at hitting wide open looks?

Comment

Man u don't watch freaking basketball

Almost won in 2004?

Pistons almost swept the lakers, dumbass.

Guess which was the one game lakers won? When kobe went off.

And price didn't guard kobe by himself.

The whole pistons d focused on kobe.

Pistons plan was double, triple team kobe and make shaq beat them.

They gambled that stopping kobe, letting shaq go off and lakers couldn't win.

They were right. Shaq gassed.

Don't talk about stuff when u didn't watch the games, truck.

Yeah Tua is right. It wasn't like the Pistons went man and just let Tayshaun handle Kobe, lol. It was a team effort. And yes Kobe single-handedly just about won the Lakers game 2 of that series. I still remember that DEEEEEEP ass three he drilled to send the game into OT. If he doesn't drain that the Pistons would've swept.

And I don't quite remember his stat line from that game...but as I remember it, he had around 35 that night.
                      Last edited by Mike D; 07-21-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X