What would you invest in with 100K? SERIOUS answers only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butle.r View Post
    krazyn8tive

wantto see my mutual funds? sorry to disappoint you, not everyone that post here are broke @ss losers like you

Is this supposed to be impressive or something? I have twice as much in individuals stocks than you have here. It's not a big deal at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      I'd think about getting into the tattoo removal business. It's a big, booming industry, and I don't think it is going to slow down anytime soon.

The cost of a proper laser, even at the cheaper end, will take almost half of the capital (Q-Switched YAG laser and not IPL). With training, registration, advertising, insurance etc, you would want to be smart with your money.

But you could also end up raking in the cash money over fist.

I even have a business name thought out. 'RethINK'
      Green K bro. I heard tattoo removal is very lucrative but I don't have a clue on any of it at all. I'd envision the machinery and technology and licensing for the equipment and insurance for waivers would be a big wall to climb as well?

I know this big baller who I met at a happy hour mixer opened up tattoo removal clinics all over LA and made a killing but again I have no knowledge at all about that industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
        I use it.

It's legit.

It's SEC registered, which is all you really need to know a broker is legit.
        You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Virgil Caine again.

Whats the costs? Are there like monthly costs or do you just pay percentage fee?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
          You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Virgil Caine again.

Whats the costs? Are there like monthly costs or do you just pay percentage fee?
          It's completely free to user, all trades are commission free.

It costs for a margin account, $10 for $2000 of borrowed funds.

You can trade 1 share, worth $0.12, and you don't pay any fees at all.

It's only available on a smart phone and doesn't have much in the way of resources.

It's perhaps most useful for speculating, especially penny stocks and stuff.

But you can buy stocks or traded funds with it and just hold them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
            Hey BS family, so some good news. Long story short some of you probably remember I got royally screwed out of one of my previous employers big time where they let pretty much all of us senior management go in a very shady way.

I won't go into that full backstory to make this shorter, but basically they now just got bought out by a huge parent company and now since a lot of the senior management guys tried to sue and some did end up getting big settlements, they are now pretty much giving the rest of us a BIG severance buy out all of a sudden. So after taxes I'm looking to get about an extra 100K.

I want to re-invest it into either a lucrative low maintenance franchise business or other brilliant investments. I don't want to blow the whole 100K since I need some of it to live and re-cover the savings I burned through so what are some of the best franchise businesses to buy into or investments?

Serious answers only and let me know what worked out for you and your close ones thanks.

I am currently working a sales gig where I pretty much do business development and fly to business events and try to land big accounts. In a perfect world I'd love to keep this current gig and start something new as well if possible.

My lady has a good job as well, but she's willing to resign and work the new franchise business with me if it's promising enough. That might actually be best in a perfect world.

Serious replies only please thanks and Happy 4th to everyone.
            I'm a big fan of having investments more than once place: If one market suffers, another uncorrelated market won't be impacted as much and vice versa.

Recommendations:

1. Like other posters have said, index funds are low cost and track the market. Vanguard is the lowest cost brokerage out there, in general. Managed mutual funds under perform the market the vast majority of the time, so I am a strong proponent of indexing.

2. Like another poster said, you could invest $50,000 in real estate in a less expensive market. This property will provide a source of cash flow for you (versus equity appreciation with index funds). Acquire enough properties and you could step away from work eventually and let the properties fund your life.

Comment

I would buy a biggish parking lot somewhere in the city center! (Somebodies always going to want to park a car, and it will bring a nice trickle of money in constantly!).

Simple but effective business.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                100000 on Floyd returns 16,666.67 profit.
                ????????............ Free money which could have been two years rent for office space or starting a venture.

Comment

id invest in ''50-0'' caps

Comment

that's the kind of money that can bring you wealth in the stock market. Now you can invest in big companies. Just do a lot of research in their yearly quarters, figure out when to buy in bulk.

This is probably the easiest part of the stock market when you have that kind of money, but I wouldn't start trading unless you paper trade for about a year or so...
                    Last edited by Jerub_Baal; 08-27-2017, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      I would buy a biggish parking lot somewhere in the city center! (Somebodies always going to want to park a car, and it will bring a nice trickle of money in constantly!).

Simple but effective business.

''we should talk''

Comment

Working...
                      X