No announcement yet.

What would you invest in with 100K? SERIOUS answers only

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JasonBoxing View Post
    Tbh 100k is a lot of money but only if your income is good. So you can live nice and have additional 100k in investments savings.

Seriously if you are doing a low paying job though? Ill take out half of that to just cash flow.

You will regret not driving that bmw when you are older and all funds tied to kids...
    So long story short I was a GM at this commercial property management company for several years and I made good salary and bonuses for most of those years. For the most part I'm not in debt me and my lady own a town home together. our cars are paid off. we have no loans. so yeah day to day and month to month is nothing crazy or bad at all.

after being let go from my company i've been doing consulting and BDM for several companies. earning decent commission here and there but nothing great like my previous GM salary obviously.

Thats why I initially started this thread as a focus on franchise businesses. I saw the McDonalds flick the Founder and got inspired. I don't want to open a Mcdees cause I can't stand that food, plus their investment start ups require like 2 million.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      So long story short I was a GM at this commercial property management company for several years and I made good salary and bonuses for most of those years. For the most part I'm not in debt me and my lady own a town home together. our cars are paid off. we have no loans. so yeah day to day and month to month is nothing crazy or bad at all.

after being let go from my company i've been doing consulting and BDM for several companies. earning decent commission here and there but nothing great like my previous GM salary obviously.

Thats why I initially started this thread as a focus on franchise businesses. I saw the McDonalds flick the Founder and got inspired. I don't want to open a Mcdees cause I can't stand that food, plus their investment start ups require like 2 million.
      Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I've always liked the idea of buying into a franchise. You're buying into an established business with, arguably, a proven business model and hopefully a supportive franchisor who cares about your success just as much as yourself.

If you are good at management, quality control, marketing, finance, business administration then the franchise route may be easier than starting a business from scratch and creating/building a brand. However, you will have to follow a specific set of guidelines, policies/procedures as required by the franchisor. I think there's a little latitude but if you think of a franchise like McDonald's - the products, service and brand are almost ****geneous from store to store.

If you're OK will this arrangement then look for a franchise who's products and services interest you - something that you can get passionate about. Not just any old business that you can sink a $100K into.

For a long time I wanted to buy into a Quiznos franchise because I liked their sandwiches, liked that they grilled them and thought that they had a good product - much superior to Subway, which I hate. Anyway, Quiznos went bankrupt many years ago and I don't know if they are still a going concern. The stores that were around me closed. Even with you being passionate about your business, there is a significant amount of risk involved. There's risks that you fail as a business or in Quiznos case, the franchisor fails, and takes you down with it.
      What kind of business franchise are you interested in?

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sugar Adam Ali again. LOL Bro it won't let me green K you thought it would be now how long do we have to wait like 2 weeks or something?

But yeah appreciate the knowledge. How about Robin Hood AP? My boy suggested to use Robin Hood Ap have you used it? Thoughts?
        I'm not familiar with the Robin Hood app

Comment

What kind of business franchise are you interested in?
          honestly if its a food place i'd have to love the food so i can eat there to save money or take out to go. nothing with crazy over head or nothing like too trendy. here in LA the hot spot is hot for like 6 months to 2 years at most and then nobody goes anymore.

for example when Pink Berry first opened all the original franchise owners were making bank. but then all the copy cats came out the wood work and now most Pink Berry's closed down as well. so on that note I'd probably go for a basket robins 31 flavors, knowing the image and rep will endure through the years.

Comment

honestly if its a food place i'd have to love the food so i can eat there to save money or take out to go. nothing with crazy over head or nothing like too trendy. here in LA the hot spot is hot for like 6 months to 2 years at most and then nobody goes anymore.

for example when Pink Berry first opened all the original franchise owners were making bank. but then all the copy cats came out the wood work and now most Pink Berry's closed down as well. so on that note I'd probably go for a basket robins 31 flavors, knowing the image and rep will endure through the years.
            I've always dreamed about opening up and operating a restaurant. One of the perks is that you would never have a grocery bill - you could expense everything through the business and the IRS would never know.

However, it goes without saying, but most restaurants close within the first year and many don't fare well in the 2nd and 3rd years as well. It's a tough and competitive business to be. Also, it's a huge time commitment that will likely require you work around the clock.

Comment

I've always dreamed about opening up and operating a restaurant. One of the perks is that you would never have a grocery bill - you could expense everything through the business and the IRS would never know.

However, it goes without saying, but most restaurants close within the first year and many don't fare well in the 2nd and 3rd years as well. It's a tough and competitive business to be. Also, it's a huge time commitment that will likely require you work around the clock.
              yeah exactly as a GM of a property management company we had a few restaurant properties leasing from us and yea i know first hand its a never ending grind but like you said virtually anything you want from Costco or Lowes is like a legit write off since you can justify pretty much anything. Most of them did real well for the first 5 years or so. But like you said competition always opens up and worse sometimes down the street from you. Hence why a strong franchise might be the way to go instead.

I live in CA so I guess doing like a 31 or dairy queen would be better around the year here than in like Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                I'm not familiar with the Robin Hood app
                I use it to mess around with. 100% completely free stock trades. Single share or a thousand, its completely free. Been around a few years now. Theyre planning to make their money on margins.

Comment

Stay away from property

if I was you I would put it in a good reliable long term share holding account and enjoy the dividends for a few years before selling for hopefully far more than you got it for.

lloyds bank is a bargain right now and has a nice yield and Amazon just seems unstoppable, Jeff Bezo's is a super villain.

Comment

Don't blow your money on a restaurant, its a huge gamble, just play it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
                      How old are you?
                      Doesn't matter how old he is, he's a liar. 18 yrs old-81 years old, doesn't matter. This guy speaks like a teenager and says he makes "six figures" foh

Comment

Working...
                      X