No announcement yet.

Your favourite African American movie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
    That's just the old "blame Whitey" excuse.
    If you wanna call it that but that's how it played out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
      Malcolm X is so powerful they robbed Lee of an Oscar or Washington. So political they couldn't...

For me now, the most powerful black film is Disney's latest "Hidden Figures" which is imo beats the British "the intimidation game" about Turing. We are talking Facts of Life that the US government shamefully non-disclosed regarding black women heros of the Americas. Also Driving Miss Daisy as we see a Jewish old women who also felt humility in racism while acquiring a black friend in the end
      Yeah but the Malcolm X Autobiography was all I needed. I never cared for a film.

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        Not in no specific order. Just some that might have not been mentioned here.

1. Spook at the Door
        2. Great Debaters
        3. Glory
        4. Tuskegee Airmen
        5. Jason's Lyrics (Young Jada Pinkett getting the b-jesus ****ed out of her)
        6. Coming to America
        7.South Central
        8. Bad Boy (series)
        9. Beverly Hills Cop (series)
        10. Love Jones
        11. Love, Sex and Eating to Bones (American/Canadian mixed)
        12. Blackula
        13. Vampire in Brooklyn
        14. ATL
        15. Life
        16. Kings of New York
        17. Sugar Hill
        18. Harlem Nights
        19. Boomerang
        20. Belly
        Love Jones was excellent for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by steve j View Post
          The players club,Baby boy,Hustle and flow,A thin line between love and hate.
          A Thin Line Between Love And Hate was good too. We got to see Lynn Whitfield's ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Yeah but the Malcolm X Autobiography was all I needed. I never cared for a film.
            Ironically Spike Lee is one of the best, if not the best, African American filmmakers to date... yet you say you have no interest but look at the thread title...

Comment

Ironically Spike Lee is one of the best, if not the best, African American filmmakers to date... yet you say you have no interest but look at the thread title...
              I liked some of his other films such as Crooklyn. I am forgetting some of the others when someone else posts them I will remember.

Hey that's just how I am. A book is way more detailed than the film is. So if I read the book first I have no interest in the film. Same thing happened to me with Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. One of the best books I have ever read but when I watched the film I was disappointed.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                I liked some of his other films such as Crooklyn. I am forgetting some of the others when someone else posts them I will remember.

Hey that's just how I am. A book is way more detailed than the film is. So if I read the book first I have no interest in the film. Same thing happened to me with Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. One of the best books I have ever read but when I watched the film I was disappointed.
                Very true. But surely you agree Malcolm X wasn't a fictional character...as u said autobiography that you enjoyed. But we're talking about Lee, Washington, Malcolm-X, that's like one in a lifetime. Until we get another Denzel and Lee to make another remake of the great Malcolm-X.. will we even be alive?

This film should've been film of the year. Too RAW for the American public

Comment

Very true. But surely you agree Malcolm X wasn't a fictional character...as u said autobiography that you enjoyed. But we're talking about Lee, Washington, Malcolm-X, that's like one in a lifetime. Until we get another Denzel and Lee to make another remake of the great Malcolm-X.. will we even be alive?

This film should've been film of the year. Too RAW for the American public
                  Exactly. Dare I say Malcolm X is strictly respected by Blacks. I believe Whites see him as a hate figure. They rather hear someone who is more mellow and inclusive like MLK Jr.

But to those who say Malcolm X is a hate figure just look up his speech on hate. " Who taught you how to hate yourselves?"

Comment

• The Blaxploitation movies of the 70s were really good.

Obviously I can't type out this movie name, but another good one, here's the trailer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
                      That's just the old "blame Whitey" excuse.
                      Look how creative my people are: Check dem dance moves, massa

Comment

Working...
                      X