• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post
    Guys with at least 3 Finals MVPs
    Michael Jordan 6 MVPs
    Magic Johnson 3MVPs
    Shaquille O'Neal 3MVPs

Where do you rank Jerry West since he has 9 Finals appearances like LeBron and Finals losses aren't a knock on his legacy? Btw West averaged 27PPG, 6RPG, and 7APG for his career.
    So only 5 guys with 3 finals mvp. Interesting. Yet cause he doesn’t have 6 of them somehow that is a negative against him lol

Comment

• Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
      So only 5 guys with 3 finals mvp. Interesting. Yet cause he doesn’t have 6 of them somehow that is a negative against him lol
      The point is other HOF ATG players have won more and that matters. You mentioned Finals MVPs I don't even consider that to be a significant metric.

Comment

The point is other HOF ATG players have won more and that matters. You mentioned Finals MVPs I don't even consider that to be a significant metric.
        What?

Of course it matter. Which is why the goat has 6 of them. Winning a title is about the best team not who is the best player

If lebron gets carried to 4 more titles when he’s an old man would that make him goat?

Comment

Wade, Irving, Bosh, Love, Allen are all bums because they played with LeBron right lol. Who was the 2nd best player on the team when Hakeem Olajuwon led the Rockets to the '94 championship? Outside of Penny Hardaway how many great players were on the Magic team that Shaq led to the Finals?
          He lost 2 championships when he had those guys, to Dallas and San Antonio.

San Antonio arguably put on the best performance in nba finals history to win that series. What coach pop did to plan for that series, schematic wise was pure genius.

And Dallas had an extremely stacked squad and was very deep also. No shame in losing to those teams for bron.

Wtf does shaq have to do with this conversation? Oh that's right nothing. But since you brought him up, shaq was the most dominating player of his time, one of the most dominating players ever. What's your point? I have no clue

Originally posted by $tate of Mind View Post
          The level of ignorance of this comment doesn't surprise me. In typical LeBron James fanboy fashion nothing prior to LeBron matters and basketball didn't exist prior to LeBron.
          I'm not a bron fanboy but I'm a fan of his. How can you not enjoy watching the guy, easily the most versatile, physically impressive player we have ever seen.

And lmao at thinking what some slow unathletic scrubs did 50 fcking years ago matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post

San Antonio arguably put on the best performance in nba finals history to win that series. What coach pop did to plan for that series, schematic wise was pure genius.

And Dallas had an extremely stacked squad and was very deep also. No shame in losing to those teams for bron.

Wtf does shaq have to do with this conversation? Oh that's right nothing. But since you brought him up, shaq was the most dominating player of his time, one of the most dominating players ever. What's your point? I have no clue

I'm not a bron fanboy but I'm a fan of his. How can you not enjoy watching the guy, easily the most versatile, physically impressive player we have ever seen.

And lmao at thinking what some slow unathletic scrubs did 50 fcking years ago matters.
            LMAO the Mavericks had an extremely stacked team? That's hilarious...that team was Dirk and some past prime players like Kidd who was CLEARLY past it by then. Guys like Chandler and Terry were good not great players. Hell Caron Butler was 1 of their best players and he didn't even play in the Finals and they still won without him. They were HEAVY underdogs for a reason your rationale for that loss is BS. Anybody who really knows anything about basketball knows that history matters not just what's happening right now.

Comment

What?

Of course it matter. Which is why the goat has 6 of them. Winning a title is about the best team not who is the best player

If lebron gets carried to 4 more titles when he’s an old man would that make him goat?
              Context matters Jordan, Magic, Kareem etc never took a ride to win championships

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post

Wade beat a better Dallas team (although with some shady officiating ) also you're forgetting he lost to a ****ty Magic team

Bron embodies a soft ass NBA generation watching this now makes you appreciate Kobe, Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki the last of a dying breed

Comment

Context matters Jordan, Magic, Kareem etc never took a ride to win championships
                  Still not understanding your point you’re trying to make

Comment

LMAO the Mavericks had an extremely stacked team? That's hilarious...that team was Dirk and some past prime players like Kidd who was CLEARLY past it by then. Guys like Chandler and Terry were good not great players. Hell Caron Butler was 1 of their best players and he didn't even play in the Finals and they still won without him. They were HEAVY underdogs for a reason your rationale for that loss is BS. Anybody who really knows anything about basketball knows that history matters not just what's happening right now.
                    Kidd was past his prime but still the best floor leader on a nba court. Dirk was in his super prime, terry, Marion, Butler, Barrea, were great role players, Tyson chandler was the best defensive player and rebounder in the league, and could run and DEFEND the high pick and roll, which is one of the biggest aspects to today's nba game.

Dallas was stacked more than your giving credit for.

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Wade beat a better Dallas team (although with some shady officiating ) also you're forgetting he lost to a ****ty Magic team

Bron embodies a soft ass NBA generation watching this now makes you appreciate Kobe, Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki the last of a dying breed
                    Agreed on that heat/wade win vs Dallas, officials handed that over. But at that time, Wade and Bron were a lot closer ability wise.

As years went by, bron got way better, wade got way worse.

Yeah that Orlando team was wack though. Dwight was super dominating at that time though.

How bron of all players embodies soft is a mystery to me though, that dude plays his heart out, he dragged this scrub team game in and game out through this playoffs. I don't think any other player ever, could drag this team to the finals. Not even joking.

This cavs team is mega-trash.
                    Last edited by AddiX; 05-28-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Still not understanding your point you’re trying to make
                      You asked if LeBron gets carried to 4 more championships does that make him the GOAT. I'm saying none of the guys I mentioned were carried to any championships. Not all championships are created equal.

Comment

Working...
                      X