No announcement yet.

Damn, The 80's had so much uplifting music

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Damn, The 80's had so much uplifting music

The women were slimmer too, music from this decade had a unique energetic buzz to it.

I always wonder what it was like to grow up in the 70's/80's, we have a lot more technologically such as unlimited access to information, but people back then were probably more social and less immersed in tech

Comment

Fun times, and alot of the music of that era captured that.

Comment

(no ****)

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
          I always wonder what it was like to grow up in the 70's/80's, we have a lot more technologically such as unlimited access to information, but people back then were probably more social and less immersed in tech
          I grew up in the 80s. Born in '72, so a teen during then.

You are correct. We interacted face to face a lot more.

For example, I take public transit to work. When I was younger, people on public transit talked alot to each other. There was a buzz on the busses and trains. Theses days, it's almost silence as most everyone has their heads down looking at phones or has earbuds on.

If you have any questions abut back then, fire away. I quite enjoy talking about those times.

Comment

i too heart the 80s

Comment

Comment

I was born in '81, so a huge chunk of my childhood was in the 80s. They called it a decade of decadence and greed, but all I know was that there was prosperity and our biggest enemy the USSR, didn't fuk with us because of Reagan. Just awesome Christmases, birthday parties, sleep overs, neighbors watching out for each other, etc.

Some great songs too:

Comment

Best music ever, backlash against the lethargic crap the hippies listened to.

Comment

Best era, people were not concerned with taking steroids or being arrogant, now you see everyone looking hard and tough.

The gang bangers looked weak, werent all tatted up like today or roided up.

I loved the movies as well, none of this gay agenda, you had fruity singers who never pushe their sexuality, people accepted that maybe this person is gay, but didnt care and no media cared, they were just singers like George Micheal, Boy George, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X