No announcement yet.

DNC Chair debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    I know you're being facetious. You already know the answer.
    You give him far too much credit.

That said, the answers are simple....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      They voted twice for Obama didn't they..

Just kidding, maybe?
      I expanded on what I meant by "the American Public".
      I meant the "white rural" demographic. Obama won
      SOME of this group; Clinton won NONE of this group.
      And they continue to get on board the Trump train.

There is no way whatsoever that the white rural demographic will vote for a Muslim running for President ... no way. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, I'm just saying that's the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Interesting posts so far. A lot of Trump supporters argue that the best person should get the job and that is why they voted for Trump.
        The real reason to vote for someone is because of what they will do if elected.

Here, Ellison is by almost all accounts is the best candidate for the job but Trump supporters are saying he shouldn't get it because he is a Muslim and that will alienate white, middle class voters.

Why would it do this if the best person is getting the job?
        I hope Ellison does win because he will repel normal white people.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
          A ellison win is a secure bernie rigging election

And no sheet bernie gets another chance for being a biotch

Ur exposed party is filled with white hate, to be honest there is no way ur gonna win anymore election if electoral college is not changed.

Might as well pray for calexit
          They can win even with the electoral college in place. Depends what happens over the next four years.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
            allow me to state the obvious that him being the best candidate for the job is just your opinion. you're falsely assuming that trump supporters or other democrats agree with your opinion. you're trying to expose an inconsistency where there is none.

anyway, i think they're all morons. the democrat party is such a mess that a literal janitor is the best person for the job.
            The obvious would be to look at the resumes of the candidates. The primary argument against Ellison is how his religious beliefs and race may alienate white working and middle class people, primarily men.

Of course the party needs to consider the feelings of their base. Why should the party try to appease those people who are leaving the Democratic party solely because leadership is black, Muslim or female?

White people threatened by these things are never coming back. Why pretend they are open minded.

The party need only focus on the core issues and make sure it listens to all voices. But don't cave to bigots threatened by different people.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              I know you're being facetious. You already know the answer.
              No I don't. You can only win back those who are not threatened by change in the color, gender, religion and sexual orientation of leadership.

I get that working and middle class white people want people elected who understands their issues. Why couldn't someone like Ellison do this?

Bottom line is democrats need to form a new coalition. I hope the core value is putting the best people forward regardless of group classification.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-23-2017, 04:10 PM.

Comment

The obvious would be to look at the resumes of the candidates. The primary argument against Ellison is how his religious beliefs and race may alienate white working and middle class people, primarily men.
                Completely agree, except the race part. The same electorate that elected Trump did elect Obama twice.

Here's the other side of the coin (and no, I'm not arguing). This is politics, and thus image matters. A lot. You may not like it, it may not be fair or right, but it is what it is.

Of course the party needs to consider the feelings of their base. Why should the party try to appease those people who are leaving the Democratic party solely because leadership is black, Muslim or female?
                People don't have problems with women or blacks, again Obama and Hillary being the proof. No offense, but this is a talking point the DNC will not give up, and I believe they do so at their own peril. (That's my opinion, I wont argue it if you disagree.)

The muslim part, you are 100% correct about. There will be no appeasing people who wont accept a muslim. On the flip side, any people you guys alienate because of that are not going to come back to team D anytime soon.

White people threatened by these things are never coming back. Why pretend they are open minded.

The party need only focus on the core issues and make sure it listens to all voices. But don't cave to bigots threatened by different people.
                But this you are wrong on, and I'm going to try and state my case rationally and I hope you accept it as such and reply in kind.

You're lumping things together to your detriment. See, middle class whites like myself don't have a problem with "different people". We have a problem with "certain people". Now you can call me what you will, and I really don't care. But I will explain, albeit completely straight.

I don't care how many Indian immigrants we let in. Or Asian immigrants, for example. They come here educated, and if not, they get educated fast. They get jobs. You don't see Asian or Indian youths blowing people up, shooting up gay bars, or committing much crime at all.

Look at the muslims team D wants to let in, by the tens of thousands no less! They come here uneducated. They don't speak English. Muslims blow people up here. They shoot up gay bars. You get the drill.

As for the rest, be they from Central/South America, Europe, Africa, and everywhere else, we need to let in the best and brightest (and try to be humanitarian to a degree, but not stupid). And of course extreme vetting for all.

It's about common sense. Not racism. And until your side can have an honest discussion on this, without calling the other side racists at every turn simply by them citing reality, you're going to turn off large chunks of the electorate. Being attacked for what you are is bad enough, being attacked for something you aren't is even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  Completely agree, except the race part. The same electorate that elected Trump did elect Obama twice.

Here's the other side of the coin (and no, I'm not arguing). This is politics, and thus image matters. A lot. You may not like it, it may not be fair or right, but it is what it is.

People don't have problems with women or blacks, again Obama and Hillary being the proof. No offense, but this is a talking point the DNC will not give up, and I believe they do so at their own peril. (That's my opinion, I wont argue it if you disagree.)

The muslim part, you are 100% correct about. There will be no appeasing people who wont accept a muslim. On the flip side, any people you guys alienate because of that are not going to come back to team D anytime soon.

But this you are wrong on, and I'm going to try and state my case rationally and I hope you accept it as such and reply in kind.

You're lumping things together to your detriment. See, middle class whites like myself don't have a problem with "different people". We have a problem with "certain people". Now you can call me what you will, and I really don't care. But I will explain, albeit completely straight.

I don't care how many Indian immigrants we let in. Or Asian immigrants, for example. They come here educated, and if not, they get educated fast. They get jobs. You don't see Asian or Indian youths blowing people up, shooting up gay bars, or committing much crime at all.

Look at the muslims team D wants to let in, by the tens of thousands no less! They come here uneducated. They don't speak English. Muslims blow people up here. They shoot up gay bars. You get the drill.

As for the rest, be they from Central/South America, Europe, Africa, and everywhere else, we need to let in the best and brightest (and try to be humanitarian to a degree, but not stupid). And of course extreme vetting for all.

It's about common sense. Not racism. And until your side can have an honest discussion on this, without calling the other side racists at every turn simply by them citing reality, you're going to turn off large chunks of the electorate. Being attacked for what you are is bad enough, being attacked for something you aren't is even worse.
                  I completely agree with the whole DNC slander tactics of claiming racism and sexism as a cop out for those who disagree with them.

The thing is a majority of people whether democrat or republican or an American citizen for that matter, don't have "hate" for someone who is simply a Muslim.
                  The problem with Ellison is he's contesting for a major role in our government and he's Muslim. Nobody hates him because he is a Muslim. The central issue is he is a Muslim in high office who doesn't seem to think it's necessary how he should be the foremost authority on defining radical islam. Radical islam is the greatest threat imaginable. For ****s sake the Arab region hates us, Obama 2.0 is not what the Dems need. Ellison, like the regressive left at large, doesn't understand that their echo chamber group think will fade the Dems into oblivion

Comment

Working...
                  X