No announcement yet.

***-The Meditation Retreat Thread-***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    i did a meditation center for a couple weeks with the misses on an island in thailand, no talking, get woken up at 5/6am every morning by a gong to meditate, sleep on a wooden bed with a wooden pillow and ****, knew nothing about it before we only went because it was free and we we running out of money, honestly i felt pretty good, but i couldnt fully get into it couldnt take it seriously.....but i honestly think there is a huge benefit to even 15 minutes or less mediation a day, i keep telling myself i will do it but never get around to it lol.
    Interesting vacation. Always wanted to go try out a place like this.

I'm going off the grid/wifi-less for like 8-12 weeks in a few weeks while doing some traveling & looking forward to trying some new sh^t with my time. Mediation might be one of those things.

Comment

The closest thing I've done to meditation is progressive muscle relaxation. Is that close enough? Does it count?

Comment

I used to do the audio hypnosis and I'm about to start doing it all over again. When you get in the habit of practicing it and doing it regulary, you gradually learn to let yourself go and relax more each time. It feels great.

Comment

In my teens, i had the opportunity to learn transcendental meditation from a licensed teacher. Usually it cost over $100 to do this. And not everybody can do it. I did it every day for 20 minutes. It was incredible!

I had to stop drinking and drugs for 15 days before my lesson. It was a great experience-ritual. after a while, i started smoking pot and drinking again, but still meditated. Soon, i had trouble doing it, the noise in my head, (just life) started preventing me from getting to that serene place in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Did it really?
            Yes lay off the booze. If you like to read read meditation for dummies. Or go on YouTube and search mindfulness meditation

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
              Yes lay off the booze. If you like to read read meditation for dummies. Or go on YouTube and search mindfulness meditation
              You mad as hell

Comment

You mad as hell
                Mad that the warriors got another lucky break to make the finals? No not really

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  Mad that the warriors got another lucky break to make the finals? No not really
                  Nah. You mad Iggy didn't play either.

And they just beat the Rockets in Houston.

Comment

3/9 incoming.

Comment

Nah. You mad Iggy didn't play either.

And they just beat the Rockets in Houston.
                      Because iggy is as important to gsw as Paul is to Houston?

Comment

Working...
                      X