Collapse
No announcement yet.

***-The Meditation Retreat Thread-***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twice a week? Lol of course it’ll be hard if you do it that often. Have to do it every day to get good at it and shut your mind off.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
      Thanks for the responses. How long do u guys do it for?
      If you're a beginner, try it for 5-10 minutes daily. If you really enjoy it, try 20 minutes a day or twice a day.

I try to meditate 20-30 mins a day.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
        Twice a week? Lol of course it’ll be hard if you do it that often. Have to do it every day to get good at it and shut your mind off.
        yes thats true, but you have to be disciplined (which I'm not) and also I just don't have the time to meditate everyday, I like to meditate fpr at least a half hour.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
          yes thats true, but you have to be disciplined (which I'm not) and also I just don't have the time to meditate everyday, I like to meditate fpr at least a half hour.
          Probably be easier if you start off small and increase every week. 5 min each day. Then 10..etc

Comment

The saying "God has no grandchildren" also applies to meditation. You need to delve into it for yourself and figure out what really reaches you. You'll know after a while of trying and experimenting what really reaches you.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              I used to get horrific panic attacks after nights of heavy drinking back when I was drinking more often. I would meditate anytime I had one and it helped a lot.
              Did it really?

Comment

It helps me not shoot anyone or hurt softbazz fools...

A crazy 5150 crazy mo****er like me needs a time out, a time to control anger, racing thoughts, etc.

A time to mentally take things to their logical conclusion, where I lose in the end.

I was pissed for some unknown reason, and was walking jhonny, and saw a lil dude, and jhonny liked him. He hugged jhonny drama, and I laughed.

MEDITATION it works for this psycho!

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Did it really?
                  The thing is though you have to be used to meditation otherwise the panic won't let you clear your mind.

Comment

i did a meditation center for a couple weeks with the misses on an island in thailand, no talking, get woken up at 5/6am every morning by a gong to meditate, sleep on a wooden bed with a wooden pillow and ****, knew nothing about it before we only went because it was free and we we running out of money, honestly i felt pretty good, but i couldnt fully get into it couldnt take it seriously.....but i honestly think there is a huge benefit to even 15 minutes or less mediation a day, i keep telling myself i will do it but never get around to it lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                      Sh^t like half of NSB is mediating every day if thats the case.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      If you're a beginner, try it for 5-10 minutes daily. If you really enjoy it, try 20 minutes a day or twice a day.

I try to meditate 20-30 mins a day.

Good video.

I gotta get into mediation more. I've been doing a lot of visualization stuff with interesting results lately. I think adding some mediation would probably relax me while focusing me better.

Comment

Working...
                      X