No announcement yet.

A day without an immigrant.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Jim isn't a bad dude IMO. I was LMFAO because it is funny.

Barron is right-in the midwest families farm from sun up to sun down. They take absolute pride. Its when you get to the warm weather states and up north that people are lazy as f-ck.

Hell, my landscaper is hispanic.
    Bro in the midwest the majority of those farms can be done with tractors and equipment, so the physical labor part is lessened quite a bit. So it can be run as a true family farm. I have family that farms in Iowa and what their farms requires compared to what mine requires is night and day. My farm requires more physical hard labor and requires working in 95-105+degree weather for months on end. The average american dont want that type of work.

Look ill say it for the millionth time. If the American worker wanted to do these jobs in the first place, there would have never been a void for the mexican immigrant to fill. The american worker couldnt and cant handle the job so the mexican stepped up and fill that void the american worker left.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Whenever you get over here, hit me up. I'll take you around my place, drink some beer and hang.

The weather has been great. Finally tons of rain. Im happier than a pig in ****. It was so bad these past few years that it was more profitable for some of us to sell our water to other farmers than it was to use ourselves for our use. But finally it looks like we may pull out of this drought. We are starting to get to much rain, but the more the merrier.

Bro this topic on immigration hits me right in the heart as it affects me and my workers. These guys are some of the hardest workers you will ever see. I have to utmost respect for them and what they do and why they do it. To them its all about family and who cant respect that? So for people who dont even work half as hard they as do and to say to them to get the fuk out of the US, it really pisses me off. These MFers have no fuking clue.

These trumps supporters who say that if we kick them out that that will open up jobs for average amercians is fuking laughable and shows you how stupid they are.

If Americans would have done these jobs in the past then there would have never been a void for these hard working mexicans to fill in the first place.
      I got nothing but respect for hard working people. They are amazing. Look forward to hanging out. Keep up the good fight.

You must have liked that movie "A day without Mexicans"

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        I would send the IRS to audit the businesses as they obviously are not paying payroll, social security, unemployment taxes..
        Exactly!!!!

All these businesses going public that their illegal workers didn't show up today are all but telling ICE and the IRS, 'Hey, we employ illegals'.

They've gotten away with it so long, they seem to have forgotten we do have laws on this.

Comment

No, americans will not jump at the opporunity to take those jobs. Ive hired friends and cousins in the past to do the jobs my mexicans do now and even at a higher rate of pay, and they always 100% end up quitting once the hot summer rolls around.

Dude americans have never ever clamoured for these jobs, which is why the mexican filled this void. If the american worker wanted these job in the past then there would have never been a void for these mexican immigrant to fill.

So no americans are not willing to do the job that these guys do for the rate of pay they will get.

So now what?

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Jim, not for nothing, if white people didn't mind doing these jobs, America would never have slavery nor would there be a need for cheap immigrant labor. Just sayin LOL!!!

You guys are getting a little ridiculous. Who says it only has to be white people who pick the fruit? Last I checked there are still 55 million legal Latino's and 40 million black people and God knows how many young people. Any of the races living in the USA could potentially work those jobs.

And if that is not the case, what the hell are you guys exactly arguing for here? Are you seriously arguing for illegal immigration solely based on fruit picking, because it benefits you and your orchard to have the lowest skilled labor of minimally speaking english people?

I'm not disagreeing with you that working the field sucks a whole lot, and your typical white American wouldn't be too thrilled to work that sort of job. However, I can also name you plenty of other jobs that your typical American does not enjoy but still does.

What is happening here is you are arguing on the behalf of your needs and your business over the laws of the country.

Comment

Me do my homework? You have no Fuking clue what you are talking about on this issue. Immigrants, illegal or not pay more than 300 billion into the US economy. If the US lost out on that we be in major danger.
            Um, I was rebutting your incorrect claims about slavery. Stay on topic, please.

Do you even know what those illegal aliens contribute to our economy?
            Of course.

Heck, we were discussing it today at work before we got started. Our industry employs tons and tons of immigrants and non-citizens. But EVERY ONE is here legally.

You obviously cant say the same about your job and industry.

Tell me who is going to fill these jobs they do. It's not the average American. Tell me in your dream world how we supplement this loss of employment ?.
            I already have. Keep up. Maybe concentrate on what the other side of the debate say instead of tooting your own horn about "slicing" people up in debate.

Because to say we will pay the American more money for these jobs is not financially feaseable for the employer.
            How can this be??

Democrats have been telling us for decades "the rich" and "the corporations" have more money than they know what to do with and they are hoarding it.

Could they be wrong or be lying???

I'm gonna love seeing you answer these points. Of course I'm not expecting much except more obfuscation, subject changing, and perhaps a few more personal insults....

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
              You guys are getting a little ridiculous. Who says it only has to be white people who pick the fruit? Last I checked there are still 55 million legal Latino's and 40 million black people and God knows how many young people. Any of the races living in the USA could potentially work those jobs.

And if that is not the case, what the hell are you guys exactly arguing for here? Are you seriously arguing for illegal immigration solely based on fruit picking, because it benefits you and your orchard to have the lowest skilled labor of minimally speaking english people?

I'm not disagreeing with you that working the field sucks a whole lot, and your typical white American wouldn't be too thrilled to work that sort of job. However, I can also name you plenty of other jobs that your typical American does not enjoy but still does.

What is happening here is you are arguing on the behalf of your needs and your business over the laws of the country.
              Agreed, I think all American citizens, regardless of race, tend to look down at work like that and will not do it.

Comment

I have never looked down at manual laborers, just the scumbags who exploit them at below market wages.

Comment

you really think a legal Us citizen will work for those wages when they could make double flippin hamburgers.

Comment

I speak on experience and what I have seen first hand. Can American do jobs they don't enjoy doing? Sure, that's not the issue. The issue is Americans left a void or never filled a void that was desparately needed and the Mexican immigrant worker fill that void.

Now the American is saying they want those jobs? I have yet to have average good ole Americans come up to me and tell me they are interested in doing what my Mexicans do.

Plus when I did hire my American friends I grew up with or my family members they never could handle the work and what it entailed.

Tell me this why did the American work let even leave all these jobs open in the first place? If the American worker was always willing to do these jobs then the Mexican worker wouldn't have never been needed in the first place.

Now in the day and age of technology where things are easier they are even less inclined to do hard manual labor farming jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
                      you really think a legal Us citizen will work for those wages when they could make double flippin hamburgers.
                      My workers make way more than a McDonalds workers. But my jobs I have are 1000times harder than that and that's where the issue is for the American worker. If the American worker has to do hard hard work and work in hot weather they want to be compensated with 30 to 40+ dollars an hour and there is no way in hell the farm employer can afford that.

Comment

Working...
                      X