No announcement yet.

A day without an immigrant.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    Yeah I just read. Then yeah only lazy people don't want that.

I think Americans have a mentality not to be away from family due to work.

Unlike pinoys or Mexicans that work overseas and leave their children home with the wife
    I think these fruit pickers make like $2-3 k a month. No sure what min is now but I think that's over.

American ppl working hard is different definition than farming working hard.

During the real estate boom I was working 6-7 days a week, sometimes 14 hours a day.

I was working hard.

My lazy ass wouldn't last an hour in a fruit orchard.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Dude the federal government in the last ten years has cracked down on farm employers who pay illegals under the table.

All my workers I employ may be immigrants and got here illegally but they have work papers/visas and they pay taxes on the money I pay them. And that goes for the farm employers. All their workers pay taxes.

I get hit with huge fine or eventually lose my land if I was paying workers under the table and eliminating paying taxes on the money I pay my workers.

You won't here that from from republican side because all they want you hear is that these immigrants are taking jobs and not paying taxes, which is a lie.
      So why white people dont want this job if it pays higher that minimum wage.

How much harder picking fruits to working in manufacturing?

Comment

Dude the federal government in the last ten years has cracked down on farm employers who pay illegals under the table.

All my workers I employ may be immigrants and got here illegally but they have work papers/visas and they pay taxes on the money I pay them. And that goes for the farm employers. All their workers pay taxes.

Id get hit with huge fines or eventually lose my land if I was paying workers under the table and eliminating paying taxes on the money I pay my workers.

You won't here that from from republican side because all they want you hear is that these immigrants are taking jobs and not paying taxes, which is a lie.
        I don't understand why illegals are always assumed to be on welfare and don't pay taxes.

1. Illegals aren't eligible for most benefits

2. Ppl know there a tax ID number substitute for those who don't have a SSN right? Who do they think that's for?

Comment

one job is outside from sun up to sun down 18+ hours a day and maybe a 30 min lunch to Manufacturing usually inside job maybe 10 to 12 hours a day. you be the judge

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            I think these fruit pickers make like $2-3 k a month. No sure what min is now but I think that's over.

American ppl working hard is different definition than farming working hard.

During the real estate boom I was working 6-7 days a week, sometimes 14 hours a day.

I was working hard.

My lazy ass wouldn't last an hour in a fruit orchard.
            How hard picking up fruits?

Comment

Way harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                I don't understand why illegals are always assumed to be on welfare and don't pay taxes.

1. Illegals aren't eligible for most benefits

2. Ppl know there a tax ID number substitute for those who don't have a SSN right? Who do they think that's for?
                exactly i cant stand when people make this stupid argument. they will pull anything out of their ass to make a point..

Comment

I have worked on a farm and depending on the boss it can be pretty strenuous
                  Especially in the summer

Comment

Lol lol lol lol. White people working the fields and farms and doing the jobs like my Mexicans do. Lol lol lol

Never in a million years dude.

And for higher pay than my Mexicans workers do. Yea Fuking right. Why would I pay a lazy white American more money for an inferior job they'd do compared to a Mexicans. It would never ever work out financially for us farm employers. And prices at the store would skyrocket to point where lower wage people couldnt afford.

White are not cut out for the jobs I have, otherwise they have been filled years and years ago by them and Mexicans wouldn't have ever been needed.
                    As a hard working young American who's tried working picking fruit for one day (just to see what it was like), I will say that there is no way in hell I would ever be dependent on a job like that. In fact, If I look at all my coworkers--lazy teens, entitled, single parents, elderly, with health impediments--I just can't see very many of them working in produce fields.

You would need to be under the sun, bending a lot(at times) for a whole work day to understand that.

Comment

Where's 1bad65 or John Barron at on this debate? They made one comment then bounced.

I'll slice them MFers up on this debate, that's why they made one comment and left. They just say the usual republican/trump bs. Actually it's just trump garbage because most real republicans cab be quite understanding.
                      Last edited by boxinghead530; 02-16-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X