Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk about our TEETH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, this thread is scaring me. I haven't seen a dentist in 17 years, even though I've had insurance most of that time. So basically half my life.

I'm gonna make an appointment in a few months. I'm nervous, but I have good oral hygiene. I brush all the time, floss everyday, use mouthwash and I don't eat ass until the third date.

Comment

I go least twice a year

Comment

Since about 4 years ago i started going to the dentist twice a year because i finally got a full time job with good dental insurance.

But before that? I probably havent been to one in over 10 years other than to get my tooth pulled and i regret it sooo much. All these years of not taking care of my teeth have done permanent damage to my gums and teeth. But ever since going 4 years ago my teeth and gums are wayyy better than before, but still itll never be fully healthy.

So yes get a cleaning twice a year. I even got invisalign, so my teeth are as straight as can be. I also floss and use a waterpik now.

Comment

Good Teeth are a must, BRUSH BRUSH BRUSH and just as important FLOSS FLOSS FLOSS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi
            I have a dental bridge on my 5 front teeth. Damn it really bugs me mentally, sometimes it kind of moves, i always have the fear that teeth underneath it will decay, i fear it makes bad smelling. Once i tried to take off my mouth guard and FUK! dental bridge came out a little bit, felt it, and i bit the mouth piece back.
            The worst part is that it costs really much, for each tooth 1 month's minimum wage is asked by dentists and idk what would i do without my front set of teeth, im a collage student and don't get paid.
            In boxing also it's my biggest demon.
            it's been almost 5 years never seen a dentist, i hope i don't need to in the following 4 or 5 more years. Before my bridge operation i'd see the dentist, but now i have developed i kind of fear...
            LOL a bridge was teh worst thing you could have got, should have got an implant. Bridge just keeps on ruining your teeth. Its like 800 bucks in mexico took my cousin out there to get his cause in the U.S. its like 5 grand.

Comment

I haven't been to the dentist in over 15 years, up until 2013. I had a few cavity that needed to be taken care of so I couldn't hold off anymore.

I went in and got everything taken care of (took a whole year to complete the job). lets just say after not visiting the dentist regularly for over 15 years, my bill was around $4000 (im a regular 420 smoker so my shit gets dirty fast)

lucky for me I have benefits from work so I only had to pay 2,000 out of my own pocket. that's still a lot of money to spend at the dentist though. moral on this story, don't be a lazy bum and go get your shit cleaned once every 6 months!
              Last edited by WesternChamp; 02-08-2017, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
                I'm British
                Wtf is a dentist????

Comment

I go for my cleanings every 6 months because my insurance pays for it. If I didnt have insurance I probably wouldnt go.

On a side note though, women love white straight teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    Since about 4 years ago i started going to the dentist twice a year because i finally got a full time job with good dental insurance.

But before that? I probably havent been to one in over 10 years other than to get my tooth pulled and i regret it sooo much. All these years of not taking care of my teeth have done permanent damage to my gums and teeth. But ever since going 4 years ago my teeth and gums are wayyy better than before, but still itll never be fully healthy.

So yes get a cleaning twice a year. I even got invisalign, so my teeth are as straight as can be. I also floss and use a waterpik now.
                    didnt that hurt like hell? i had braces before i imagine invisaline is 10x worse

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      I go for my cleanings every 6 months because my insurance pays for it. If I didnt have insurance I probably wouldnt go.

On a side note though, women love white straight teeth.
                      Nukka everybody loves straight white teeth wtf you talking about "women" love straight white teeth lol so you dont care about a girls teeth?

Originally posted by Rovi
                      Yea I know mate implant 'd be much better but my whole set of bridge's (they call it zirkonium) price equals to 1 implant's price, hopefully i'll replace with implants in the future. Here dentists asking for unreasonably high prices.
                      Where you from? I know situations can suck some time. My cousin would have had to get bridge if I couldnt pay and drive him down to mexico to get his implant.

Comment

Working...
                      X