Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Trump. If you happen to browse the board, got a request.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    No one said he needs to be supported. People are arguing for his right to speak.

This is a public university, not a business. Huge difference.

You must try another excuse for this intolerance of different ideas....
    Which STILL doesn't mean that the 1st amendment promises you that the University will offer support / a platform for your speeches.

And I'm not even saying what they did was right (nor did I at any point in this thread), just that the 1st amendment isn't relevant.
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 02-02-2017, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Excellent question.

But will he answer it.....
      Are you asking for an education of Milo Yiannopoulos' views? Feel free to view any of the number of speeches he's given on his
      'Dangerous ******' tour which I found to be available on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Which STILL doesn't mean that the 1st amendment promises you that the University will offer support / a platform for your speeches.
        Actually it does. It's public, ie the government. Thus it can't violate the 1st Amendment which states that the Government cant ban free speech.

And I'm not even saying what they did was right (nor did I at any point in this thread), just that the 1st amendment isn't relevant.
        It is relevant. You can say it's not, but you're simply wrong on it.

It's public, which I said. Further proof it's public is Trump's floated idea to deprive the university of Government funds.

Comment

Are you asking for an education of Milo Yiannopoulos' views? Feel free to view any of the number of speeches he's given on his
          'Dangerous ******' tour which I found to be available on YouTube.
          So you could not provide what was asked.

Typical.

FYI, he asked about what "alt-right" views of his YOU specifically disagreed with, not what his views are.

You're either not keeping up, or being obtuse to avoid giving an answer.....

Comment

A conservative group from the campus invited Milo to speak.

They even paid for the additional security that the campus asked for, and well, look how that turned out.

Are you really having a hard time wrapping your head around how hypocritical this looks?

All I got to say is, keep it up progressive left, and you are probably looking at another 4 years of Trump in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              Are you really having a hard time wrapping your head around how hypocritical this looks?
              Actually it appears he's obfuscating to avoid your question.

All I got to say is, keep it up progressive left, and you are probably looking at another 4 years of Trump in 2020.
              Yup. And you have to consider the 2018 midterms before that. The map for those is horrible for Senate Democrats.

And Trump and everyone else knows it.

Comment

PS - Nuke Tom Brady's house after

Comment

A conservative group from the campus invited Milo to speak.

They even paid for the additional security that the campus asked for, and well, look how that turned out.

I completely acknowledge the bold and 100% understand that. I agree completely that what the rioters did was wrong. What I was countering was that since the 1st amendment was not what got Milo the spot at UC Berkeley, obstructing Milo from going to said place was not obstructing something granted by the 1st amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    PS - Nuke Tom Brady's house after

This photo must get Brush's almonds roasting.

Comment

Trump would love the lounge for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X