Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people still destroy their bodies with alcohol when marijuana is mostl legal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quit drinking years ago, I used to love drinking but I wasn't an addict just decided to quit after seeing someone I looked up to destroy his liver by excessive daily drinking. Having a glass of wine a day is supposed to be great for your heart and health they call it the Mediterranean diet. The trouble is not everyone can control themselves in moderation with liqour. My one vice is smoking a nice Cigar, you dont inhale it but puff, for some reason I loved Cigars Ill smoke one after eating Steak once and a while, they have different flavors some has hints of chocolate tabaccoo, some mint, some grape, coffee.

I never smoked Marijuana in my life, been to parties with people blazing it up and hitting bongs. One of my friends believes Marijuana will heal you and can treat Aids, alzheimers, and Cancer, and all this other stuff that has never been proven. Joe Rogan who loves smoking Weed daily claiming for medical health, already shows some signs of dementia, his brain hits foggy moments on his podcast and he is starting to forget names of people. His friend Eddie Bravo is a paranoid conspiracy theorist who also is starting to become forgetful and they smoke weed daily.

My friend started smoking to help with his depression and it only distracts you temporarily later he became paranoid, and speaking in rants. three of my friends developed stomach and digestive issues while on Weed, its why Weed gives you munchies because your stomach starts aching so you crave food to fill it up.

Another thing is most of the women I knew who smoked Weed became loose, so dont ever date or marry a chick who likes smoking weed or drinking like a sailor she is bound to cheat on you with a random dude at one of her girlfriends parties

The Marijuana industry is another snake oil scam, its not going to CURE anything, it is like every other drug that gets you high its temp relief thats all it is.

Comment

People like different things. Also people react different to substances. I for example get extremely sleepy when I smoke weed. Smoked different kinds too and still had same effect, so I prefer alcohol.

Comment

all things being equal, the smell of marijuana can be off putting. i hate the smell of smoke. and my drinking doesnt affect the person next to me.

but as with all things in life, people do what they want. sometimes against logic and common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          I quit drinking years ago, I used to love drinking but I wasn't an addict just decided to quit after seeing someone I looked up to destroy his liver by excessive daily drinking. Having a glass of wine a day is supposed to be great for your heart and health they call it the Mediterranean diet. The trouble is not everyone can control themselves in moderation with liqour. My one vice is smoking a nice Cigar, you dont inhale it but puff, for some reason I loved Cigars Ill smoke one after eating Steak once and a while, they have different flavors some has hints of chocolate tabaccoo, some mint, some grape, coffee.

I never smoked Marijuana in my life, been to parties with people blazing it up and hitting bongs. One of my friends believes Marijuana will heal you and can treat Aids, alzheimers, and Cancer, and all this other stuff that has never been proven. Joe Rogan who loves smoking Weed daily claiming for medical health, already shows some signs of dementia, his brain hits foggy moments on his podcast and he is starting to forget names of people. His friend Eddie Bravo is a paranoid conspiracy theorist who also is starting to become forgetful and they smoke weed daily.

My friend started smoking to help with his depression and it only distracts you temporarily later he became paranoid, and speaking in rants. three of my friends developed stomach and digestive issues while on Weed, its why Weed gives you munchies because your stomach starts aching so you crave food to fill it up.

Another thing is most of the women I knew who smoked Weed became loose, so dont ever date or marry a chick who likes smoking weed or drinking like a sailor she is bound to cheat on you with a random dude at one of her girlfriends parties

The Marijuana industry is another snake oil scam, its not going to CURE anything, it is like every other drug that gets you high its temp relief thats all it is.
          One of the few posts you've ever made that wasn't completely nonsensical. The paranoia thing is a reality of constant smoking.
          I quit the daily awhile back, but a beer & joint a week is enjoyable.

Comment

so many people cough up buch of sophisticated reasons but none mention the most basic reason yet.

"Why do people still prefer alcoholic beverages to marijuana or other harmless drugs?" the answer is simple It taste better also more affordable and have way much more option to choose. Imagine it you drinking Cold beer in the hot afternoon, you dont drink it to just get drunk right? you drink it to combat your thirst. you mention THC to CBD content variation to choose in weed but that doesn't mean **** compared to how vast the history of alcoholic beverages are, the different type of culture behind it, the bartending art or thousands of ****tails to choose.

Comment

tbf and imho, theres nothing worse than an obnoxious drunk. theyre so fncking loud and out to prove shlt. too fncked to walk and stumbles into every other ****. ''ooo, ooo....look at me !!!! im the life of the party !!!!!''

its beyond embarrassing.

i dont know how massive potheads act. are they also obnoxious ? i picture them being ultra mellow.

Comment

Alcohol lobbyist give money to politicians to keep it illegal so they can bank on it. I used to be anti legalization cause I thought there would be more accidents and other stuff. After looking at some stats, I changed my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  Marijuana destroys your mind.

I don't know anyone who used it long term that isn't fried by it.

Ranging from just being grumpy and absent minded to paranoid to being locked up and on medication for imagining people are stabbing them though the walls.

Such bullshit.

Comment

why not ask in the weed Lang or whatever?

Comment

As much as I love drinking, my body no longer reacts to it the way I like. My digestion problems have gotten worse and I'm pretty sure that years of binge drinking have contributed to it. The only reason I don't smoke weed often is because it doesn't agree me with mentally. It increases my anxiety and I get very uncomfortable when I'm high. If I smoke I have to do it when drinking.

Comment

Working...
                      X