Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Van Jones: How Do I Explain This to My Children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
    You are not white. You may as well say Obama is white.

So whites aren't entitled to their own countries. Gotcha.
    I am White, and Obama is White, as well. Just because a person is also Black or other "races" doesn't mean anything.

What, you think it's impossible for a person to be two races?

Weren't you the one calling me mystery meat?

And again, "race" is a social construct that doesn't really mean anything.

As history and science show, you're Black too, whether you like it or not.

I'd like to see you prove it's impossible for people to be more than one race.

Comment

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
      I am White, and Obama is White, as well. Just because a person is also Black or other "races" doesn't mean anything.

What, you think it's impossible for a person to be two races?

Weren't you the one calling me mystery meat?

And again, "race" is a social construct that doesn't really mean anything.

As history and science show, you're Black too, whether you like it or not.

I'd like to see you prove it's impossible for people to be more than one race.
      You're mixed race, let's leave it at that. The rest of what you said is complete nonsense but you can probably find a lot of "academics" who'll back you up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
        This is terrible, I'm truly scared.
        I'm scared too, feeling like I'm on Death Row right now; I just saw clips of teachers letting White students harass a bunch of Latino kids in a school cafeteria, yelling "Build the Wall!" as the Latino kids cry, and other students marching around with Trump signs and yelling "White Power!"

Dark times are here.

Last edited by SunSpace; 11-10-2016, 08:13 PM.

Comment

I'm scared too, feeling like I'm on Death Row right now; I just saw clips of teachers letting White students harass a bunch of Latino kids in a school cafeteria, yelling "Build a Wall!" as the Latino kids cry, and other students marching around with Trump signs and yelling "White Power!"
          Can you please direct me to the posts you made expressing your outrage when school kids were banned from wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo, while Mexican flag shirts were ok to wear?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Can you please direct me to the posts you made expressing your outrage when school kids were banned from wearing American flag shirts on Cinco de Mayo, while Mexican flag shirts were ok to wear?

Thanks.
            I don't believe that either Mexican or American flags should be banned from schools; if the intention of USA flag-wearers is to provoke minority students, then the school should address that problem, but banning flags is a superficial measure that does nothing, as kids can find other ways to harass classmates. Speaking to kids about diversity, etc, which I do not know if the school did or not, would have my approval.

Comment

I don't believe....
              So you cannot show where you were outraged when the other side denied students rights. You only have outrage when one side is silenced/disrespected/etc.

Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                You're mixed race, let's leave it at that. The rest of what you said is complete nonsense but you can probably find a lot of "academics" who'll back you up.
                Lots of "official university policies" and "department statements" -- very few serious academics.

Comment

In case you're curious, here's a story on this.

"The Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco ruled in February that given previous clashes at Live Oak High School, officials had reason for concern and thus did not violate freedom of speech when they refused to let students wear U.S. flags on their shirts on May 5, 2010.

The year before, a group of Mexican American students at the high school had walked around campus with a Mexican flag. Some Anglo students responded by hoisting a makeshift American flag up a tree, chanting "USA" and exchanging threats and profanities with the Latino youths.

On the 2010 holiday, the court said, several Anglo students wore U.S. flag shirts, and three of them were confronted by other students. Warned by students from both ethnic groups of potential problems, the principal told the youths either to turn their shirts inside out or go home.

Two chose to go home and were given excused absences, without punishment, while the other students turned their shirts inside out."

Source:
                  http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...to-5762199.php

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    So you cannot show where you were outraged when the other side denied students rights. You only have outrage when one side is silenced/disrespected/etc.

Got it.
                    I wasn't registered on this forum in 2010. If I had been, I don't see why I wouldn't emphasize the need to tackle the problem with substantial measures instead of superficial ones.

Comment

I'm scared too, feeling like I'm on Death Row right now; I just saw clips of teachers letting White students harass a bunch of Latino kids in a school cafeteria, yelling "Build the Wall!" as the Latino kids cry, and other students marching around with Trump signs and yelling "White Power!"

Dark times are here.

This is much worse than that video of a bunch of black thugs beating and old white Trump supporter.

Comment

Working...
                      X