Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez killed in a boating accident!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez killed in a boating accident!

MIAMI - Marlins ace Jose Fernandez, a two-time All-Star and one of the young faces of Major League Baseball, was killed early Sunday in a boating accident in Miami Beach.

The tragic passing of the 24-year-old right-hander prompted the postponement of Miami's series finale on Sunday with the Braves at Marlins Park, which was scheduled for 1:10 p.m. ET.
    "The Miami Marlins organization is devastated by the tragic loss of Jose Fernandez. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very difficult time," the Marlins released in a statement.

http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...ting-accident/

WOW....

He was like their best player too If I remember correctly, damn Marlins cant catch a break or sell a ticket...... ever.

Comment

HOLY ****

I'm stunned. this kid went through a lot just to get here and one of the game's best. I wonder if the Castros will acknowledge him, a defector.

Comment

Damn he was probably the best young pitcher in baseball

Comment

Holy Crap! Unbelievable! Great young pitcher.....a real loss to the game!

Comment

Any elaboration on "Boating accident"?.

Sad stuff. R.I.P.

Comment

According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, the 32-foot SeaVee in which Fernandez and two friends were traveling Sunday morning was spotted around 3:15 a.m. Sunday overturned on the jetty that juts into Government Cut from South Pointe Park. Investigators said the boat, which belongs to a close friend of several Miami Marlins, was heading south at full speed and flipped when it hit the north end of the dark jetty.

From Miami newspaper:

"Fernandez and the two others on board, who have not yet been identified, were killed. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Chief Todd Garofalo told WSVN that first responders found two of the victims on top of the water and one underneath the boat, which had severe damage to its front, left underside.

None of the three on the boat were wearing their life vests.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ml...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Comment

Great pitcher but better human being. RIP...

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                    My god!!!!!!!!! R.I.P and prayers to his family and loved ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X