No announcement yet.

Sam Harris Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    This one of most honest, intelligent and rational commentaries on police violence, racism and the social unrest our country is experiencing. Sam Harris is one of the most honest and rational voices on the left discussing these taboo issues.

siablo14 Vlad_ Motorcity Cobra man down billeau2 Robbie Barrett JimRaynor
    GhostofDempsey jsmith_tsu [MENTION]Szef [/MENTION][MENTION]Left Hook Tua[/MENTION] LacedUp [MENTION]BattlingNelson[/MENTION] HewJohnson The Big Dunn Eff Pandas jaded Beercules [MENTION]1bad65[/MENTION]
    I dont trust anyone who self identify as left or right politics as far as America is concerned but I will watch later for sure

Comment

This one of most honest, intelligent and rational commentaries on police violence, racism and the social unrest our country is experiencing. Sam Harris is one of the most honest and rational voices on the left discussing these taboo issues.

GhostofDempsey jsmith_tsu [MENTION]Szef [/MENTION][MENTION]Left Hook Tua[/MENTION] LacedUp [MENTION]BattlingNelson[/MENTION] HewJohnson The Big Dunn Eff Pandas jaded Beercules [MENTION]1bad65[/MENTION]
      Sam Harris? GTFOH.

Comment

I got about 15 minutes in, I’ll listen to more tomorrow. He seems to be a bit of an idealist. In theory talking everything out and having dialogues is ideal, but that isn’t what this current swarm of radical anarchists want. We are beyond that now. My thread on the current build up to civil war in this country speaks to that, it’s not just a physical war, it is one that divides us in every aspect of our lives. Everything we see, hear or speak is scrutinized, politicized, and rejected by half the people in the country. I don’t think any one leader can bridge that divide.

Comment

Wow that's almost 2 hours. I got 20 minutes in, will listen to more later or tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            I got about 15 minutes in, I’ll listen to more tomorrow. He seems to be a bit of an idealist. In theory talking everything out and having dialogues is ideal, but that isn’t what this current swarm of radical anarchists want. We are beyond that now. My thread on the current build up to civil war in this country speaks to that, it’s not just a physical war, it is one that divides us in every aspect of our lives. Everything we see, hear or speak is scrutinized, politicized, and rejected by half the people in the country. I don’t think any one leader can bridge that divide.
            This podcast is a plea for dialogue and discussion in an effort to pull us back “from the brink.”

He going to undoubtedly get a lot of blowback and vitriol directed at him for stating the facts (about black crime). I respect that as a public intellectual he is risking his reputation, social status and even his livelihood to attempt to be the voice of reason in this very chaotic and crazy time.

Comment

This podcast is a plea for dialogue and discussion in an effort to pull us back “from the brink.”

He going to undoubtedly get a lot of blowback and vitriol directed at him for stating the facts (about black crime). I respect that as a public intellectual he is risking his reputation, social status and even his livelihood to attempt to be the voice of reason in this very chaotic and crazy time.
              If the left wants any sort of credibility they will need more moderate thinkers like him. From what I have seen thus far, the moderate ones are being fed to the lions as quickly as conservatives. We live in an all or nothing at all world right now.

Comment

Working...
              X