No announcement yet.

Usain Bolt Is OK In My Book

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Bolt Is OK In My Book

In a time when everyday patriotism seems to be on the decline, it’s amazing what a simple show of respect can do to enliven and revive the hearts and minds of a generation. Our latest wakeup call came not from a politician or national hero… but from Jamaican national and gold medal olympian, Usain Bolt.

During an interview with a reporter after a race, Bolt stopped the dialogue the instant he heard the faint strains of the US national anthem playing in the stadium.

It took a moment for the reporter to realize why Bolt stopped the interview process, but the moment she realized she followed suit. The gold medal athlete and reporter both turned to face the flag of a country not their own… and the moment was altogether eye opening.

As an American, I can attest to the fact that we are often less than grateful for the hard won freedoms we’ve been given. Usain Bolt reminded a nation of others like me how important mutual respect is, even in the spirit of competition.

You may have seen this video already, but watch it again and remember… regardless of nationality, race, or creed we are all brothers and sisters. Let’s show some love!

http://www.inspiremore.com/usain-bol...mpaign=partner

when he said the "national anthem", she thought he said "lets dance" haha, she repeats it back to him.

Comment

He's got fat yankistan sponsors that pay him a lot of money so he knows how to play the game.

Comment

Mean while in murica

Comment

bolt is a gentleman and oldschool showing respect. props to the man one of the greatest athletes thats ever lived.

Comment

I cant believe people are so nationalistic, its part of human instincts that suck imo because it separates man, and starts conflict for no reason, why cant a good guy just be a good guy no matter what his nationality? Why do you have to support someone from your area of land over him? What sense is there in that, derp hes from my area of sand derp I hope he kills your guy from your area of soil derp derp

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              He's got fat yankistan sponsors that pay him a lot of money so he knows how to play the game.
              Haha beat me to it

Comment

I respect Bolt for pausing the conversation during any national anthem. But for the life of me I can't figure out why running 100m is such a big deal. Why not call 1500m winner the fastest man alive, or 235m or 40m? All he's doing is running in a straight line...no one going to tackle him and he isn't carrying a ball. FFS millions of men can get within 2 seconds of his time, meanwhile few people can get within 30 seconds of a 1500m race.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
                  I respect Bolt for pausing the conversation during any national anthem. But for the life of me I can't figure out why running 100m is such a big deal. Why not call 1500m winner the fastest man alive, or 235m or 40m? All he's doing is running in a straight line...no one going to tackle him and he isn't carrying a ball. FFS millions of men can get within 2 seconds of his time, meanwhile few people can get within 30 seconds of a 1500m race.
                  Bolt's 100m record is 9.58 seconds. Go to your local track and have somebody time you in it. You'll understand why he's a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
                    Bolt's 100m record is 9.58 seconds. Go to your local track and have somebody time you in it. You'll understand why he's a big deal.

I ran a 10.8 100yd dash when I was a kid...don't know how that would project to 100m but it's a couple seconds off his time. Meanwhile I'd be hours behind in a marathon.

Comment

Working...
                    X