No announcement yet.

Usain Bolt Is OK In My Book

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    I ran a 10.8 100yd dash when I was a kid...don't know how that would project to 100m but it's a couple seconds off his time. Meanwhile I'd be hours behind in a marathon.
    I don't believe you. The world record 10.5 in the 100-yard dash.

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
      I don't believe you. The world record 10.5 in the 100-yard dash.
      Nope. 9.58 is the record. My time was 11.3....not 10.8. And I'm not very fast.

Comment

You can say that again. I ran the 100-yard dash in 10.9.

And I was in junior high mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          You can say that again. I ran the 100-yard dash in 10.9.

And I was in junior high mind you.
          Yes, so was I. 14 yrs old and NO muscles. Bolt is loaded with muscles, taller than me (6'5"/6'2") and a grown man and I'd STILL be only 2 seconds behind him.

100m record doesn't mean a thing IMO with respect to true athletic skill.

Comment

100-yard dash and 100m dash are different. 9.58 is the record in the 100 meter, not the 100 yard.

Comment

Originally posted by RespekonMyName View Post
              100-yard dash and 100m dash are different. 9.58 is the record in the 100 meter, not the 100 yard.
              FFS read your own post above.

Comment

Check this out

Comment

Yes, so was I. 14 yrs old and NO muscles. Bolt is loaded with muscles, taller than me (6'5"/6'2") and a grown man and I'd STILL be only 2 seconds behind him.

100m record doesn't mean a thing IMO with respect to true athletic skill.

A Labrador Retriever can smoke a Cheetah in a 1500m race but I find the Cheetah's faster, short distance running more mesmerizing.

Same goes for Olympic track & field. I just find that long distance running stuff boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Check this out

Have there already been so many times that beat Greene's(aka tongue boy) WR from years ago? He never tested positive.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                      Have there already been so many times that beat Greene's(aka tongue boy) WR from years ago? He never tested positive.
                      What did he run?

Comment

Working...
                      X