• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Sounds like an oxymoron.
      It's not. Corporatism has destroyed pure capitalism.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        It's not. Corporatism has destroyed pure capitalism.
        Corporatism is an inevitability of pure capitalism.

Comment

Corporations are a good thing when kept in check. Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Walmart, are all corporations and you rush to get their products, and then complain about them on your corporate made laptop.

Comment

Protectionism, which is what allows them to get that big and control policy, is anti-capitalist.

Comment

I'm voting Libertarian this year. Those two guys....Johnson and Weld....are the only adults in the room in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                Corporations are a good thing when kept in check. Apple, Microsoft, Sony, Walmart, are all corporations and you rush to get their products, and then complain about them on your corporate made laptop.
                Doesn't that contradict your libertarian views? Apologies if I got it wrong but I got the impression you're a free market libertarian type of guy.

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Protectionism, which is what allows them to get that big and control policy, is anti-capitalist.
                How so?

Comment

Doesn't that contradict your libertarian views? Apologies if I got it wrong but I got the impression you're a free market libertarian type of guy.

How so?
                  I'm a small government, lower taxes kind of guy, but I'm also not going to act like corporations wouldn't take advantage if allowed. When you have corporate money buying politicians then that becomes a problem.

Comment

How so?
                    How is protectionism and the influencing of policy anti-capitalist? Well, the definition of capitalism is free enterprise. The definition of free enterprise is;

"an economic system in which private business operates in competition and largely free of state control."

That's currently not happening. Perhaps the growth of corporations is inevitable but the strangulation of businesses, and countries, I don't believe is a necessary outcome of capitalism. The resulting monopolies of corporatism is the complete opposite of capitalist ideology.

Comment

I lean away from politics. F#ck those corrupt mfers, all of them. United States would be less corrupt with the boxing alphabet group presidents running things.

Comment

Working...
                      X