Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been a victim of Police brutality or racism?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been a victim of Police brutality or racism?

Aint gonna lie, i have. Several times. When i was growing up.

There are good cops out there and there are bad cops out there.

Lets not pretend shall we

yes, but i didn't know it at the time because i was young. it didn't bother me then because i didn't know what was happening, in fact, i even convinced myself that the cops did right in pulling me over and frisking me because i was riding my bike late at night.

i was leaving my friends house right around the corner from my house (1-2 minute bike ride away) at 3 AM. i pretty much made this run every single weekend for the past couple of years. so, i'm riding slowly on my BMX bike and all of the sudden i see a bright ass spotlight shine behind me. so i turn around while still riding and i'm blinded by the spotlight. no blue or red flashers, so i was kind of scared. but i knew it was a cop as soon as he pulled up aside me. the passenger said "pull off your bike, put your hands where i can see them". i was wearing a hoody because it was cold out, and due to instinct i accidently put my hands in my hoodie pockets and they said "get your hands out of your pockets". they then proceeded to frisk me and pull everything out of my pockets and put it on the quiet empty street. keep in mind they have not mentioned anything about why i was being stopped (but i didn't think they needed a reason at the time, i think i was like 15 or 16). after they found nothing bad on my person they told me that it was my fault that i didn't ask my mom for a ride. i had mentioned that i didn't want to wake her up at 3AM and that i live just around the corner so a ride wasn't needed. they then mumbled some **** about the inadequate lights on my bike and that was their excuse for stopping me.

Comment

Police were bond to over step there were basically no oversight and were given green light to do whatever they felt there were no accountability that's why you hear stories of people being tortured to admit to crimes they didn't commit

Comment

I actually think my immigrant (Lebanese) upbringing made me less confrontational with police.

It's just a guy doing his job who would rather be somewhere else to me. I've always followed procedure and been free to go before sunrise.

I've gotten out of about half of my speeding tickets through extreme politeness and saying I live nearby.

But I've also never done any drugs and dress nicely. I am an angel.

This website has a lot of hillbillies, cholos and hoodrats with drug histories and a tendency to freak out unde pressure so I expect lots of police brutality tales.
        Last edited by ////; 07-08-2016, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Being white, I have been

-Pulled over with drugs on my person. Cops took it and let me go.
          -Pulled over intoxicated, twice. One time the cop told me "look just stay between the lines" the other towed my car but let me walk home no charges.
          -Got away with telling the cop "Nah dude I paid it already" in regard to traffic warrants, multiple times.

Every dog has it's day though, I DID once get arrested for driving suspended. ****in' small towns.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
            yes, but i didn't know it at the time because i was young. it didn't bother me then because i didn't know what was happening, in fact, i even convinced myself that the cops did right in pulling me over and frisking me because i was riding my bike late at night.

i was leaving my friends house right around the corner from my house (1-2 minute bike ride away) at 3 AM. i pretty much made this run every single weekend for the past couple of years. so, i'm riding slowly on my BMX bike and all of the sudden i see a bright ass spotlight shine behind me. so i turn around while still riding and i'm blinded by the spotlight. no blue or red flashers, so i was kind of scared. but i knew it was a cop as soon as he pulled up aside me. the passenger said "pull off your bike, put your hands where i can see them". i was wearing a hoody because it was cold out, and due to instinct i accidently put my hands in my hoodie pockets and they said "get your hands out of your pockets". they then proceeded to frisk me and pull everything out of my pockets and put it on the quiet empty street. keep in mind they have not mentioned anything about why i was being stopped (but i didn't think they needed a reason at the time, i think i was like 15 or 16). after they found nothing bad on my person they told me that it was my fault that i didn't ask my mom for a ride. i had mentioned that i didn't want to wake her up at 3AM and that i live just around the corner so a ride wasn't needed. they then mumbled some **** about the inadequate lights on my bike and that was their excuse for stopping me.
            ... How is that police brutality and/or racism?

Stuff like that happened to me when I'd be wandering around after midnight. No biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
              ... How is that police brutality and/or racism?

Stuff like that happened to me when I'd be wandering around after midnight. No biggie.
              it was brutality to my fragile little mind.

why were you getting stopped at midnight for walking around? is it because they thought u were arab looking?

Comment

They beat me because I was of a different pigment.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  They beat me because I was of a different pigment.
                  it was that golovkin shirt u was wearing dog.

fuck golovkin fam.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                    it was that golovkin shirt u was wearing dog.

fuck golovkin fam.
                    No, it was the hat. I was wearing a Pacquiao shirt.

Comment

Working...
                    X