No announcement yet.

Mass shooting at gay club in Orlando, Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BKM- View Post
    I wonder what is going through that cop's head. He's probably considered a hero for trying but I wonder what he's thinking now.
    You know my stance on the issue of gun control. I'm not in favor of arming more citizens and other NRA endorsed nonsense.

That said - The guy is a hero. He may not have been able to take the guy down but he stepped up and did what he could to stop the guy, despite essentially being armed with a slingshot in comparison with what the shooter was armed with. That's a level of bravery and selflessness that I wish all police officers came equipped with.

Thankfully he was a trained police officer and not some random bouncer jacked up on 'roids (the vast majority of bouncers I've ever encountered, honestly) with a firearm.

I certainly hope he's not beating himself up over not being able to stop this assh*le or save more lives or whatever. Unfortunately, that's often the case with people responding to stuff like this. I know the secret service dude who was with President Kennedy in Dallas when he was assassinated still beats himself up to this day about how he wished he could've gotten to him after the first shot so he could've taken the second shot for him and potentially saved his life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      So this "female" gets hit with 12 rounds, but she is in fairly stable condition?

Yeah.

I'm buying those wolf tickets.

12 shots couldent drop her,
      she took it and smiled
      Now she back to set the record straight,
      with her feminist ways
      she still the lesbo you love to hate!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        If it doesn't specifically include them, they are left out. It doesn't exclude animals or children specifically, do they get the same rights?

It says 'we the people of the United States'. Sounds pretty clear to me that it doesn't include every person in the entire world.

Yes, it says that. Excluding muslims from emigrating here doesn't establish a State religion, nor prohibits anyone already here from practicing that religion founded by a pedophile.

Yes, persons of the United States as it specified earlier.

Insults, so try gain on this one...

Hopefully we don't have 5 liberals on it, or we are screwed.

BTW, the Constitution doesn't apply to non-citizens. If it did, why cant they vote like the 15th Amendment says the people get to do?

you genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. constitution stipulates all over the place whether it's talking about "citizens" or otherwise, and who is afforded which liberties and rights. the idea that you'd be dumb enough to type the bold is just too much there are a few rights that are exclusive to citizens. the right to vote, run for president, etc. it's clearly spelled out which rights apply to citizens only and which do not. are you really clueless enough to think that you have to have citizenship to be afforded any of the rights in the constitution? it's not that long. the bill of rights is a very quick read. have you even f#cking read the thing? how stupid [or racist] do you have to be to have read something and come away with your understanding of it?

many of our rights have nothing to do with citizenship. the right to a fair trial and due process under the law. the right to an attorney. and yes, the right to freely practice religion.

anybody else get a kick out of watching this clown break a post into minutia to benefit his agenda and act like he's having a productive discussion?

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            you genuinely have no idea what you're talking about. constitution stipulates all over the place whether it's talking about "citizens" or otherwise, and who is afforded which liberties and rights. the idea that you'd be dumb enough to type the bold is just too much there are a few rights that are exclusive to citizens. the right to vote, run for president, etc. it's clearly spelled out which rights apply to citizens only and which do not. are you really clueless enough to think that you have to have citizenship to be afforded any of the rights in the constitution? it's not that long. the bill of rights is a very quick read. have you even f#cking read the thing? how stupid [or racist] do you have to be to have read something and come away with your understanding of it?

many of our rights have nothing to do with citizenship. the right to a fair trial and due process under the law. the right to an attorney. and yes, the right to freely practice religion.

anybody else get a kick out of watching this clown break a post into minutia to benefit his agenda and act like he's having a productive discussion?
            If you got shot there and needed blood to survive and a gay guy was the only option for a blood transfusion would you have accepted it?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post

I do - but I'm bowing out of the thread because meh.

You're entitled to your own opinion and all but people aren't entitled to their own facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                You know my stance on the issue of gun control. I'm not in favor of arming more citizens and other NRA endorsed nonsense.

That said - The guy is a hero. He may not have been able to take the guy down but he stepped up and did what he could to stop the guy, despite essentially being armed with a slingshot in comparison with what the shooter was armed with. That's a level of bravery and selflessness that I wish all police officers came equipped with.

Thankfully he was a trained police officer and not some random bouncer jacked up on 'roids (the vast majority of bouncers I've ever encountered, honestly) with a firearm.

I certainly hope he's not beating himself up over not being able to stop this assh*le or save more lives or whatever. Unfortunately, that's often the case with people responding to stuff like this. I know the secret service dude who was with President Kennedy in Dallas when he was assassinated still beats himself up to this day about how he wished he could've gotten to him after the first shot so he could've taken the second shot for him and potentially saved his life.
                Green K for bolded

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  insults are insults.

If I call a guy in wheelchair a "cripple" is than insult? Or is it not because it's true?

Get real, grow up, and try and state your case like an adult. Is that really too much to ask of you?

No, I argued the Constitution.

And fyi, that one barely deserved a response. Might want to cut back a bit, unless you don't want to have adult discourse and debate about the topic at hand.
                  I guess I could have said it nicer - but it would largely depend on the tone you're using.

You can call me an @sshole - and that is an insult but I wouldn't be insulted.

"Gun control" doesn't imply burn all your weapons and no one ever gets a gun again. Like I said earlier, you as a presumably responsible gun owner shouldn't mind at all if when buying a gun you have to go through some extra hoops so that random muslim sympathizer doesn't shoot up people because they're ****s. It just seems like something any decent person would do, because there's quite obviously a gun problem in the US.

Comment

• This is what happens when the media pampers Islam. Islam is poison to the mind. Anyone who practices that garbage is redflagged to me. I just watched a video where Obama trying to sugarcoat Islamic fundamentalism and doing damage control. This country has no balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Br1ng3r View Post
                      Most people have never shot a firearm in their life and only know them from Hollywood movies where they're portrayed like magical wands that kill everyone instantly and never need to be reloaded etc.

It wasn't a room of SEALs or even rural hunters who could just walk up and slap the guy and pop the magazine out (super easy on an AR-15).

It was a bunch of gay people in a night club.

I'm sure before any individual could react, even if they wanted to, they were swept up by a stampede of screaming bodies, and he just fired into it.

The psychology of a gun is really it's most lethal feature nowadays. Killing 50+ people with a semi-auto that fires fairly tiny .22 caliber bullets would take a while under any scenario. I just have to assume he was firing into a dogpile of irrational panic.
                      Holy shit man.

Comment

Working...
                      X