No announcement yet.

Mass shooting at gay club in Orlando, Florida

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    Rates of ALL violent crime have DECREASED but gun bans dont have much to do with some of those stats
    False, and here are the stats:

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

-In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
    -Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
    -Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

-Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
    -During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
    -Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
    -At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
    -Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

Source:
    http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=17847

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    We simply have fewer nutters walking the street than say the US
    Obviously I showed that to be untrue.

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    I assume that you are a supporter of the 2nd

How's that working out for you?
    Yes, I support the 2nd Amendment, as well as all of our rights.

As to how it's working out for me, it's working great. If anyone breaks into my home to harm me or my wife, I have firearms around for protection.

I also often carry a handgun in my car when I travel, in case I need it.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      you genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.
      So non-citizens get to vote???

Do tell...

As for the rest, it's your usual petty insults, and thus doesn't deserve a rebuttal. When you can state your case like an adult, let me know.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Now that we have more facts would you call this an act of terror by a ISIS supporter or an act of terror by a man struggling with his ****sexuality?
        Well he admitted to being an ISIS supporter in his 991 call, so there's no debate it was an act of terror by an ISIS supporter.

As to his sexuality, that's conjecture at this point. We know he was married to a woman, as well as the fact he scouted locations he might shoot up. One of the places he scoped out was Disney World, going there many times. Does that mean he was a big fan of Disney?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Well he admitted to being an ISIS supporter in his 991 call, so there's no debate it was an act of terror by an ISIS supporter.

As to his sexuality, that's conjecture at this point. We know he was married to a woman, as well as the fact he scouted locations he might shoot up. One of the places he scoped out was Disney World, going there many times. Does that mean he was a big fan of Disney?
          You didn't actually answer the question. He said he was an ISIS supporter in the 911 call, true. He also has a jack'd account, hung out at a gay club and drank (2 things radical islamists/ ISIS supporter don't do-alcohol and ****sexuality) was married twice but his current wife did not appear to wear the traditional outfit (like the San Bernandino shooters wife did).

Your question about Disney is silly. There is a difference between going to an amusement park and a gay club.

It seems clear from the way he lived his life he that he was struggling with his sexuality. It's as if he was trying to do anything he could to try and suppress his ****sexuality-getting married, having sex with women, etc.

I wonder if his pledging support to ISIS was in part the same thing, unless, as you suggest with your Disney question, that his gay lifestyle was just part of his plan to scout places to commit an act of terror.

Comment

• What bugs me is the ****ing father said that the motha****a saw two gay guys kissing that is why he went ****in berserk. GTFO you ****in ******. do not deflect blame of fugs and take the it like a real man. modafokka!. someone should ****in kill the whole family and the mass murderers kids to get even....
            ( But I guess that is going down to their level..NEVER MIND...)

Comment

False, and here are the stats:

Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

-In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.

Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:

-Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
              -During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
              -At the same time, U.S. violent crime decreased 31.8 percent: rape dropped 19.2 percent; robbery decreased 33.2 percent; aggravated assault dropped 32.2 percent.
              -Australian women are now raped over three times as often as American women.

Source:
              http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=17847

Obviously I showed that to be untrue.

Yes, I support the 2nd Amendment, as well as all of our rights.

As to how it's working out for me, it's working great. If anyone breaks into my home to harm me or my wife, I have firearms around for protection.

I also often carry a handgun in my car when I travel, in case I need it.
              why can't you both support the 2nd ammendment and support a ban on automatic weapons?

Clearly when the framers were writing the Constitution they weren't thinking about a military style weapon that hadn't been invented yet. They weren't dealing with lobbying and the NRA hijacking one party. They weren't men who would pump drugs only grown in foreign countries being pumped into communities.

Why can't we adjust the Constitution to reflect changes in society as we have done with other ammendments?

Comment

You didn't actually answer the question.
                Yes, I did. Just because it's not what you wanted to hear doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

Do you need my answer clarified or repeated?

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                It seems clear from the way he lived his life he that he was struggling with his sexuality. It's as if he was trying to do anything he could to try and suppress his ****sexuality-getting married, having sex with women, etc.
                Again, that is conjecture.

I've read about him having apps for gay dating, but a few men he contacted on those apps (for whatever reasons) never met him in person. I've also not seen any man step forward and say they dated or had sexual intercourse.

If you have seen those things in the news, feel free to provide links.

Comment

why can't you both support the 2nd ammendment and support a ban on automatic weapons?
                  Because the 2nd Amendment is clear, and it says "shall not be infringed".

Clearly when the framers were writing the Constitution they weren't thinking about a military style weapon that hadn't been invented yet.
                  Pure conjecture, which is something you seem to do alot.

But by that logic, they sure weren't thinking about TV, radio, and the Internet when writing the 1st Amendment because those things hadn't been invented yet, so can the Government ban those things too?

Why can't we adjust the Constitution to reflect changes in society as we have done with other ammendments?
                  Because that's very dangerous and short-sighted.

The Founders were very clear about the need for the 2nd Amendment and what it meant. Do you need any of their writings on the subject cited?

Comment

Yes, I did. Just because it's not what you wanted to hear doesn't mean it wasn't answered.

Do you need my answer clarified or repeated?

Again, that is conjecture.

I've read about him having apps for gay dating, but a few men he contacted on those apps (for whatever reasons) never met him in person. I've also not seen any man step forward and say they dated or had sexual intercourse.

If you have seen those things in the news, feel free to provide links.
                    It has nothing to do with what I wanted to hear.

I noticed you didn't respond to the most important part of my post. His actions-drinking, ****sexuality (or at least hanging out in a gay club drinking), gay apps, the way his wife appeared, doesn't suggest he was truly an ISIS supporter. He very possibly could've been doing this just to scout a place to terrorize, but that wouldn't explain the gay dating app.

I wonder if this was in part why the FBI stopped watching him despite his past?

Comment

It has nothing to do with what I wanted to hear.
                      Ok then, why did you refuse to accept my answer?

I answered it in a straight-forward manner, and didn't think it was possible to be misinterpreted. Somehow you manged to fail to grasp it...

I noticed you didn't respond to the most important part of my post. His actions-drinking, ****sexuality (or at least hanging out in a gay club drinking), gay apps, the way his wife appeared, doesn't suggest he was truly an ISIS supporter. He very possibly could've been doing this just to scout a place to terrorize, but that wouldn't explain the gay dating app.
                      Again, I addressed all of that. I'm not sure what your problem is with my answers. If you're going to refuse to accept my answers, just stop asking me questions.

As I said, some of these supposed actions you're citing are conjecture. I asked for links showing them to be true, and you've provided zilch.

Comment

Working...
                      X