No announcement yet.

any car guys out there? looking for a 2016 mid-sized SUV with 3rd row seating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    No, you got me wrong kid, I bought a van with a lift for my mother who can no longer walk. My sister drives it, and picks up my 78 year old aunt who has mobility issues. I bought it used and I didn't care how the **** it looked, or if my bike would fit and crap like that.

I am glad you are doing the right thing, but **** or get off the pot. I bought a used vehicle for my mom, not for me, or how it looked. You are a kid.

Go on eBay and find the right vehicle without thinking about how you look in it.
    we'll i'm not rich like you. i tend to do alot of researching before i spend a lot of money on something as expensive as a car. this car will be bought in full with cash so it has to be really really good so forgive me for doing my research on it instead of buying some shitty van that will break down in 1.5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
      we'll i'm not rich like you. i tend to do alot of researching before i spend a lot of money on something as expensive as a car. this car will be bought in full with cash so it has to be really really good so forgive me for doing my research on it instead of buying some shitty van that will break down in 1.5 years.

Smart guy. Find what works for you. I paid 14 k, for the van, my cousin mike, a master mechanic negotiated. He loves my mom, and he broke the seller down with what needed to be fixed. Naturally, he provides free maintenance n it.

If not for Mike, I would probably be researching like you. Peace.

Comment

thanks for detailed breakdown. the 3rd row isn't needed anymore as we aren't doing a daycare thing anytime soon. when the time comes we will trade in this vehicle for a 3rd row option one if needed.

under typical driving scenarios i can see 2 occupants and one wheelchair that will stay in the car 24/7 for my aunt who is handicapped.

a loaded driving scenario would be 2, maybe 3 occupants, 2 dogs (one large, one small), the wheelchair, and a bike preferably being inside, however i'm aware that a bike rack might be a better option.

yes i like the CX5 but the cargo area is too small, mazda didn't utilize the cargo area correctly considering it's the same length as both the rav4 and crv which both have better storage capacity.

with that being said,we'll probably go with the CRV which rates higher than the Rav4, even though the Rav4 imo looks way better. one major flaw of the rav4 is the fact that there are no air vents in the back. so you have to waste the vents in the front to point them to the rear instead of having them point at the driver/passengers. we are going to test drive one tomorrow.

thanks again,
        BrushMyHair! is your aunt?

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
          BrushMyHair! is your aunt?
          no, but he is a member of our special needs daycare program. he will be with us daily.

Comment

no, but he is a member of our special needs daycare program. he will be with us daily.

Comment

we ended up buying a 2016 Subaru Outback Limited yesterday if anyone cares.

so Zaroku you can stop with the jeepnee/kia jokes now.

Comment

we ended up buying a 2016 Subaru Outback Limited yesterday if anyone cares.

so Zaroku you can stop with the jeepnee/kia jokes now.
                Fock yes! Subaru makes amazing cars! Five star choice! Hell yes!

Smart young man! Good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  Fock yes! Subaru makes amazing cars! Five star choice! Hell yes!

Smart young man! Good for you!
                  thanks, i didn't know subaru was a japanese car brand at first but after some research i knew it was the right choice.

got an excellent deal on it since they had just received the 2017's and needed to get rid of the '16s.

had to drive all the way to city of industry to get it though lol

Comment

thanks, i didn't know subaru was a japanese car brand at first but after some research i knew it was the right choice.

got an excellent deal on it since they had just received the 2017's and needed to get rid of the '16s.

had to drive all the way to city of industry to get it though lol
                    So many Pinoy in that city. But, you chose the best car! I am impressed! Good for you!

Comment

solid ride...what color did you get?

fully loaded? details

Comment

Working...
                      X