No announcement yet.

Social Justice Warriors in Society

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
    What the **** happened to Sproul Placza at my beloved UC Berkeley? When I was an engineering student white social justice warrior chicks would heal me from my fake pain of being a Mexican Jew.

Naturally I accepted the pity poon...told them how great I felt afrer blowing load after load deep inside those kinda pretty white women. Those were the days.

If get caught cheating and would blame it on the white social structure that stole my land and evicted me from it. My low self esteem make me feel valuedwhen I can korn women..it worked a few times...

Daddy paid all of their tuition & more. UC regents paid my bills, no financial aid needed. I sold weed & Coke to my buddies at Delta !?? Fraternity...a friend with weed... Is a friend indeed. But a friend with uncut Coke...ain't no joke..

I miss going to wheeler auditorium and listening to lectures by men like Linus Pauling, Mitterrand, etc.

Now, I see cal grant b fools & trust fund cvnts making noise in my plaza. I miss the hari Krishna, orange robed finger cymbal playing freaks chant singing;

Hari Krishna
    Krishna Rama. Rama Krishna.

A catchy tune don't you think?

The are social justice warriors. ....seeking a cause..

Cal is lost... For now at least.
    I'd fire all the ultra liberal professors who foment this bull crap

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Hard to make what's what with this table without more info on where they ended up, what schools they applied to, what schools they attended, what the applicants looked like in those particular programs etc

Just the data in this table would cause you to be tempted to believe that each medical program had to lower the admissions standards in order to admit Black students. But the table as is does not necessitate this to occur. It could be that in order to diversify the pool, they decide that amongst the candidates that are above their respective admissions standard, but not necessarily by much, they disproportionately admit Black students.

What I'm saying is, those Black students w/ low to mid B+ GPAs and marginal MCATs are probably not being admitted to Harvard or Johns Hopkins. They are probably being selected for low-ranked medical programs where their numbers are not especially low relative to non-Black admits.

To offer some evidence in support of the above, here is the class profile for the incoming Johns Hopkins MD class. Note that the lowest GPA of any entering student was 3.8 and that the lowest MCAT of any entering student was 32 (those two stats don't necessarily belong to the same student). This suggests to me that they didn't exactly have to bend over backwards to admit Black students.
      http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/a...tatistics.html

AKA the affirmative action admits at a top school like Johns Hopkins are still extremely qualified.

I think in the long run there is a benefit to affirmative action, but I won't belabor this point as I recognize that defending affirmative action in the lounge usually gets me more replies than I care to deal with.

I debunk this point above

You are misreading the chart. The only group that hits the 5.9% figure is Asian, 3.2-3.39 GPA & 24-26 MCAT.

You said you were White (by census definition), and no subset of White had a 5.9% chance of getting a med school admit. But further, there are a few different regions for someone with a 3.2 GPA (depending on MCAT score) and so the odds range from 8-34% for the subsets of MCAT scores covered by this table (32 is not the maximum score).

Anyhow I imagine any theory of oppression does not conclude that admissions to schools is where they are being oppressed. Rather it would be that oppression / socioeconomic circumstances explains why the numbers are so slanted in the first place.
      Nice try. This is all just speculation. There have been numerous peer reviewed academic studies that shows blacks get preferential treatment to elite schools, even when their GPAs and test scores are far below other applicants. This is done at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools.

This is just pure speculation on your part that these Black applicants are not applying to elite medical schools and it must be some lower tiered school, whereas other applicants like Whites and Asians are rejected because they tend to apply to elite schools.
      Last edited by Theodore; 10-19-2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post

I hate to break it to you. You're not white/European You've never been white/European. You're Arab... Most likely brown to dark... You're more African than European

What a clown this guy is
        What?
        You aren't coherent enough to have a conversation with

Comment

• Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
          Nice try. This is all just speculation. There have been numerous peer reviewed academic studies that shows blacks get preferential treatment to elite schools, even when their GPAs and test scores are far below other applicants. This is done at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools.

This is just pure speculation on your part that these Black applicants are not applying to elite medical schools and it must be some lower tiered school, whereas other applicants like Whites and Asians are rejected because they tend to apply to elite schools.
          Feel free to add to the medical school picture by posting some data/papers

I wasn't saying they don't benefit from affirmative action, of course they do. The question is how much do they really benefit from it, and I think it's impossible to honestly measure it from just the data available in the table.

But needless to say, as I pointed out with the Hopkins class profile, the affirmative action admits might have lower stats on average relative to their peers but that doesn't necessarily prove the admissions standard had to be lowered to accommodate them. It could be that more of the admits that are Black are just above the admissions standard of the program, without being straight up unqualified to be there.

The way some people try to make it seem is as if all White students have numbers above some value where all Black students could not meet that standard. But to me that claim would require further proof than just posting the average stats of admitted students by race.

Reminds me of Fisher vs University of Texas. One thing her legal team argued had to do with Black students admitted with worse numbers than her, but they had not realized that there were White students admitted with worse numbers than her in addition to Black students denied admission with better numbers than her. So I didn't feel a great deal of sympathy for her as she did not come close to demonstrating that being White was why she was denied admission.

Fisher, who is the child of UT alumni, may have hoped her legacy status would compensate for the fact that she did not graduate in the top 10 percent of her class, and her GPA (3.59) and test scores (SAT: 1180 out of 1600) were not high enough to qualify her for automatic admission. Nonetheless, these numbers were higher than those of 47 students who were admitted in part based on their personal achievements.

...only five of the 47 students admitted with lower grades and test scores than Abigail’s were minority, while 42 were white. Never mind that 168 Black and Latino students with grades as good as or better than Fisher’s were also denied entry into the university that year.
          https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0d0c1cf9fca3
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-19-2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Hammer View Post

Freedom, turn your wolves lose on your BF.
                Don't be bragging about that freak.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Sounds like they want preferential treatment under the guise of stopping this mysterious "oppression". Typical.

Comment

• FACTS:
                      Overly sensitive to non-White racism = SJW

Overly sensitive to White racism = not a SJW

Overly sensitive in general = NewEngland

Comment

Working...
                      X