Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suffering from depression

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been there. What worked for me was making changes in my life. I moved to a different area, got a new job, ended my relationship, reinvested time to hobbies I'd given up on etc. It didn't happen overnight though. It was incredibly difficult for me to get out of bed or keep an orderly life for a while.

Getting a therapist is not a bad idea if you can afford it. No matter how hesitant I was about talking to one each time I can say I've never once regretted seeing a therapist. Every single time it was a relief to talk with someone who was a true independent party from my life. I haven't been to a therapist in a while, or been on medication in a while either but these things can work extremely well for some people.

Diet & exercise can also be helpful.
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 01-14-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      Just an FYI

I'm doing really well now, back working and physically extremely fit.
      I have great friends and family, I've weeded out the scum and I'm feeling great!

Still posting here randomly, throwing digs etc

But I genuinely appreciate all of the support in this thread, you guys are amazing

On the off chance any of you guys are going through similar struggles then please contact me it's so important to talk. Genuinely happy to help anonymously

Great stuff.

I'm happy for you man.

Comment

• we can disagree in so many levels and gets heated up

but if it comes down to personal

all i have is to wish everyone be doin well with health and life.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleLeftH00k View Post
          we can disagree in so many levels and gets heated up

but if it comes down to personal

all i have is to wish everyone be doin well with health and life.
          Absolutely man, it's a forum where we burn time and talk crap.

No one on here as ever annoyed me to the extent that I wish on them what I sent through. We all have families, life's and problems. People should support each other

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Stay active and busy. Keep working out and playing sports etc.

Just ride the storm basically. I've had several bouts of depression in my life and this is what helps me.

Comment

• Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  Depression is for chumps. Kiss my ass, you big babies. F*** your pity party.
                  says the guy who can't have a conversation with a female without making a thread on it.

Comment

• depression is a direct result of not having luxury goods. You need to make money.

Comment

• I've actually been pretty depressed lately too. This whole death **** got me freaked out. In the day im fine but at night thats when it hits for some reason. But its inevitable so i just try to get drunk and have fun as much as i can. But I've also been easily irritated by stuff that i normally wouldnt give a second thought too

Comment

Working...
                      X