No announcement yet.

CHemistry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
    Kind of like death in a way. No one knows exactly where you go or if you go anywhere at all when you die.

6 billion people on this earth that THINK they know what happens after death, but no one living truly knows.

That is what I mean by something being absolutely fascinating yet at the same time horrifying.
    Yeah, that is definitely horrifying.

Do you fear death? What do you think happens when a human dies? Heaven? Fading into complete nothingness?

This is a trippy topic that I usually do not like to discuss

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
      Can you elaborate?

I've heard the "those who do not understand history, are deemed to repeat it," quotes before. And it makes sense, I suppose.

But what exactly are you talking about? Anything specific? You seem to have a particular type of "history being repeated" example, that you are against.

It means don't regard the subject of history lightly as being purely academic. It has great practical value in the lessons that can be learned which can be used to make wise decisions in the present.

Human nature has remained more or less constant throughout the centuries and many of the issues we face today are at least similar in some respects to the problems of the past. By taking note of the bad decisions persons made in the past by following natural human inclinations, we can avoid the temptation to make a similar bad decision today if faced with a similar situation. But, if we forget the lesson of the past, we will most likely follow the same natural human inclination and make the same mistake as persons did in the past.

Comment

It means don't regard the subject of history lightly as being purely academic. It has great practical value in the lessons that can be learned which can be used to make wise decisions in the present.

Human nature has remained more or less constant throughout the centuries and many of the issues we face today are at least similar in some respects to the problems of the past. By taking note of the bad decisions persons made in the past by following natural human inclinations, we can avoid the temptation to make a similar bad decision today if faced with a similar situation. But, if we forget the lesson of the past, we will most likely follow the same natural human inclination and make the same mistake as persons did in the past.
        Interesting. That is definitely something to ponder.

Would you say that "liberalism" is better for humans moving forward, as opposed to these dudes with ancient, medieval conservative values?

Thank you for that.

Comment

Yeah, that is definitely horrifying.

Do you fear death? What do you think happens when a human dies? Heaven? Fading into complete nothingness?

This is a trippy topic that I usually do not like to discuss
          I myself have racked my brain to no end trying to understand death. Days have gone by in the past where it's just exhausting to think about, but I've come to terms about what death is exactly. Here is what I think.

In this universe, we exist and then don't exist. When people say what happens to us after death, it doesn't make sense because when we die, there is no more me or you because we are dead.

Then the question becomes what does death feel like? I believe it feels exactly the same as before you came into existence, meaning absolutely nothing.

Before we were conceived, we simply did not exist, yet somehow we came into existence from non existence. So when we die, we go from existence to non existence.

So we no longer exist until we come back into existence again.

That is my theory and it has given me peace as I feel this is the most logical answer to death.
          Last edited by BigNuts; 05-01-2016, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Interesting. That is definitely something to ponder.

Would you say that "liberalism" is better for humans moving forward, as opposed to these dudes with ancient, medieval conservative values?

Thank you for that.
            This is a very good question and my answer is the best way for humans to move forward is liberalism combined with ancient and medieval conservative values.

Also, to add to the death argument, fearing death is strictly a living individuals battle. When you're dead, you wont care because your dead and no longer exist. You can't fear death when you no longer exist. Death was never meant for the living to understand as in scientific proof, only to ponder.

I don't know how the inner workings of death works, but I believe the previous post is how we come into existence.

Comment

I myself have racked my brain to no end trying to understand death. Days have gone by in the past where it's just exhausting to think about, but I've come to terms about what death is exactly. Here is what I think.

In this universe, we exist and then don't exist. When people say what happens to us after death, it doesn't make sense because when we die, there is no more me or you because we are dead.

Then the question becomes what does death feel like? I believe it feels exactly the same as before you came into existence, meaning absolutely nothing.

Before we were conceived, we simply did not exist, yet somehow we came into existence from non existence. So when we die, we go from existence to non existence.

So we no longer exist until we come back into existence again.

That is my theory and it has given me peace as I feel this is the most logical answer to death.
              that is the deepest theory I have ever heard about death and I have heard a lot of theories. yours seems to make the most sense. i never thought about it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sboxingrules View Post
                that is the deepest theory I have ever heard about death and I have heard a lot of theories. yours seems to make the most sense. i never thought about it that way.
                Thanks! I've thought about death for a looooong time. I have come to terms with this theory.

FWIW, I believe in God, just not the same God that a lot of religions believe in.

Another great example of non existence to existence is the big bang (if you believe that.) There was nothing and then there was something.

Comment

Does anybody here enjoy chemistry? Not entry-level chemistry, but advanced chemistry

Anybody?
                  I love studying about different methods to make meth, beyond using effedrine, or P2P.

Comment

Why do energy sublevels split when multiple electrons are present?

Comment

Chemistry is awesome.

Organic chemistry is probably the only subject I ever had to study for.

Comment

Working...
                      X