Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I think Star Wars: The Force Awakens is WAY OVERRATED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My question.....will you guys be disappointed if Snoke is just a random new villain with absolutely zero connection anything before??? Just a random new dude would feel too much like Hey this is the Emperor 2.0 lol

I honestly want him to be Darth Plagueis, Palpatines old master who could learn to cheat death.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Honestly they shouldn't have revealed Kylo was his kid until the very end.

You could easily just have Han telling Rey, Finn about a young student who turned on Luke. Early on that Trekka dude telling Kylo he can't hide who he really is, but not mentioning family at all. Cut out Han and Leia talking about Kylo, just show them indifferent around each other, and in general look like they've been through some **** together, but we're unaware of exactly what, we just know they've had a strained relationship. You have Kylo still talking to Vader pledging for guidance in the dark side, and Snoke telling him he's never faced a test quite like this, of course omitting telling us it's Hans kid.

Then at the end after planting the bombs, Han walks out to approach him and boom, it's his kid. Would've had a greater impact IMO.
      Or better yet just acknowledge that it is Han's son and he doesn't take off the mask so we don't have to see that Kylo Ren looks like a *****.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
        Or better yet just acknowledge that it is Han's son and he doesn't take off the mask so we don't have to see that Kylo Ren looks like a *****.
        Either way. If they were going to reveal it mid movie, cool. Let him keep the mask on until he confronts his dad. If they reveal it at the end, let him keep the mask on till the end.

It was important for him to kill Han without the mask on though. But he should've just taken it off, and talked to him, one of the only instances where no mask works with Adam Driver there. And then put it back on as he chases Finn and Rey.

Comment

Midway through the film, after figuring out the familiarity of the original plot, i already knew Han Solo would die. And in my opinion, it never holds the same gravity of emotional impact the way Old Ben Kenobi's death.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
            GTFOH....a male character in Star Wars is going to scoop up a female and start fu8king her? You've been watching too much ****, son. Really?

I suppose you haven't seen a movie since, what, 1978? A Love Boat episode?

I agree with you on the Kylo Ren light sword issue. I've said before it's nuts that Rey suddenly gains mind reading and super sword fighting.
            Tell me where in my post I said a white guy will come in star wars scooped her up and start ****ing her? Please, point it out to me?

Comment

I thought it was below par, but in the absence of that option, I went for "sucked".

What the other six movies had, even those highly questionable prequels, was a sense of sincerity. They believed in their own universe, and the jokes, by and large, were contained within the narrative.

Here we've got constant post-modern deconstruction and nods towards the audience. One of the greatest jokes in the original trilogy is when Han and Chewie have a conversation:

"RRrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr."
              "What's that, Chewie? You feel like a wank?"

But here Rey (ISTR) goes "wait... you can understand what he's saying?"

Jesus wept. Way to **** on the joke FFS. You can't joke about something that's already a joke.

When we got to Ford (phoning it in) virtually winking to the camera and going "there's always a way to destroy a Death Star" I actually muttered "**** off" under my breath.

For me, the problem is not (instrinsically) with the characters/plot/story, etc., but with the entire ethos behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                My question.....will you guys be disappointed if Snoke is just a random new villain with absolutely zero connection anything before??? Just a random new dude would feel too much like Hey this is the Emperor 2.0 lol

I honestly want him to be Darth Plagueis, Palpatines old master who could learn to cheat death.
                After watching the trailer for Rogue one I think Snoke's backstory will be told in that. In that trailer you see a dark figure in robes, possibly a secret apprentice to the Emperor? Either way, he looks old in Force Awakens. My guess is he was a normal looking guy during the events of Rogue one and has been twisted by the dark side over 30 years.

Comment

I've seen the film 3 times now. The first time (in the cinema) I thought it was good, a solid 8/10. The second time it dropped to 7/10 and after watching it again a few days ago it's now a 6/10.

That's the problem with this film. It looks and sounds brilliant in the cinema watching it for the first time but the plot holes and little things become noticeable the more you watch it. Most of the things have already been mentioned: The biggest one being the exact same plot as the Original!

This film has a few cringey moments, little things that only annoy you after multiple viewings - Finn and Poe's gay friendship and the dialogue between them being one of them. The scene of them escaping on the Tie fighter at the start......

Kylo Ren could have been done better. What was he doing with that light sabre in his spare time? could he not have learned basic sword play or does he need permission from SNOKE? yeah SNOKE. Possibly the worst name for a villain and sounds like a cartoon character....

I could go on for a while but I'll leave it there. Right now the film is sitting level with Revenge of the Sith. After a few more viewings it might drop further

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    After watching the trailer for Rogue one I think Snoke's backstory will be told in that. In that trailer you see a dark figure in robes, possibly a secret apprentice to the Emperor? Either way, he looks old in Force Awakens. My guess is he was a normal looking guy during the events of Rogue one and has been twisted by the dark side over 30 years.
                    I saw a theory online that said this essentially......

Palpatine didn't kill him like he told Anakinl, he just gravely injured his master Plagueis who had learned to master death. And he keeps him in the tank, which is what the dark hooded figure is seen approaching with Imperial Guards that are standing watch and guard, for guidance or what not. It would explain how Snoke knows so much about the rise and fall of the empire, and explain why he has crazy bad injuries. And would be a nice call back to previous movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                      I've seen the film 3 times now. The first time (in the cinema) I thought it was good, a solid 8/10. The second time it dropped to 7/10 and after watching it again a few days ago it's now a 6/10.

That's the problem with this film. It looks and sounds brilliant in the cinema watching it for the first time but the plot holes and little things become noticeable the more you watch it. Most of the things have already been mentioned: The biggest one being the exact same plot as the Original!

This film has a few cringey moments, little things that only annoy you after multiple viewings - Finn and Poe's gay friendship and the dialogue between them being one of them. The scene of them escaping on the Tie fighter at the start......

Kylo Ren could have been done better. What was he doing with that light sabre in his spare time? could he not have learned basic sword play or does he need permission from SNOKE? yeah SNOKE. Possibly the worst name for a villain and sounds like a cartoon character....

I could go on for a while but I'll leave it there. Right now the film is sitting level with Revenge of the Sith. After a few more viewings it might drop further
                      The worst cringe moment for me was when Rey read Kylo's mind and was like "You're afffraid....afraid you'll never be as powerful.....as darth vaderrrr"

CORN CORN CORN. CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE. Just have Kylo try to read her mind, and she unknowingly blocks him from doing so like he does, because of her own gifts with the force. Boom he would know she's gifted with the force, more than she knows, and would rid us from one of the cheesiest moments in the movie.

Comment

Working...
                      X