No announcement yet.

The official EURO 2016 thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    Aguero.. Higuian.. Di Maria.. Lavezzi.. just the guys in attack for Argentina in the WC.. Ronaldo has ****in Nani playing upfront with him LOL..

He certainly doesn't turn up every game.. but the guy has scored in Cl finals/semis for United and Madrid.. are they not big matches?

Also Messi leading Argentina anywhere is a joke.. he was awful in that WC. They got there on the back of an air tight defence
    What tournament were you watching? Your hard on for Ronaldo is clouding your thinking. Argentinas whole game plan went through Mesi, and that is precisely why FIFA awarded him with the best player of the tourney award.

Comment

• Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
      It was unlikely Argentina would make it to the finals given how the three of them had underperformed. Lavezzi tried when he was subbed in.
      Well yeah like i said it was more down to the defence.. to suggest Messi carried them in anyway is laughable.. Mascherano was probably the best player they had.

You can't compare Argentina to Portugal

They have both been in countless big matches.. sometimes they come up good and others not so much

Comment

• My Lord!

Ronaldo.......

Comment

• that was brilliant. watching his smile slowly fade away as the match went on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            Aguero.. Higuian.. Di Maria.. Lavezzi.. just the guys in attack for Argentina in the WC.. Ronaldo has ****in Nani playing upfront with him LOL..

He certainly doesn't turn up every game.. but the guy has scored in Cl finals/semis for United and Madrid.. are they not big matches?

Also Messi leading Argentina anywhere is a joke.. he was awful in that WC. They got there on the back of an air tight defence
            I can't remember Ronaldo playing well in a CL final. He scored against Chelsea but almost cost us the game by missing his penalty. He went missing and scored a meaningless penalty against Atletico and did nothing this year against Atletico.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
              What tournament were you watching? Your hard on for Ronaldo is clouding your thinking. Argentinas whole game plan went through Mesi, and that is precisely why FIFA awarded him with the best player of the tourney award.
              Hope your joking.. i think they scored 8 goals in 7 games.. this is a team with Messi.. Lavezzi.. Aguero.. Higuian.. di maria and co

Like i said the defence carried them.. if you saw the tournament you would realize that

Comment

• Originally posted by Enliven26 View Post
                that was brilliant. watching his smile slowly fade away as the match went on.
                20 shots no goals.

That is freakish stuff there.

I think God is smiting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
                  So i double checked because it was a couple years ago.. Messi scored against Iran.. Nigeria.. Bosnia in the group stages..

But he carried them to the final doe.. what tournment was i watching?? carried my ass.. were was he vs germany.. swiss.. Belgium?

Comment

• Messi was horrendous by his own standards.

He was embarrassed to be awarded player of the tournament. That was an utter joke. Must have been about 20 players more deserving.

Comment

• Guys get carried away.

I fully expect Ronaldo to score goals and get Portugal to a decent finish in the tournament. Portugal have a habit of just doing enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X