Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone here familiar with the 1921 Tulsa, Oklahoma massacre?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigNuts View Post
    So instead of dealing with the specific subject this thread is about, you try hijacking it other massacres?
    What happened in Tulsa wasn't a massacre, it was a race riot that started over a black man raping an underage white girl.

You can put whatever spin on it you want, but he was lawfully jailed for his crime, which caused blacks to riot and attack whites. The whites retaliated.

Comment

Originally posted by Æthelstan View Post
      What happened in Tulsa wasn't a massacre, it was a race riot that started over a black man raping an underage white girl.

You can put whatever spin on it you want, but he was lawfully jailed for his crime, which caused blacks to riot and attack whites. The whites retaliated.
      No..... It WAS a massacre. When jealous whites fly PLANES over a city and shoot from the sky, hitting women and children, how in the hell is that NOT a massacre? When the number of whites came to burn down the city how is 5 whites to 1 black NOT a massacre? I'd really love to hear this! Nothing about this was a riot. It's only called a riot to smooth out the tensions and make future whites reading about this massacre feel a little more okay since it was a "riot".

And wow. Lawfully and fairly jailed in a still extremely racist time period where blacks still had very little rights and still had scars on their backs from the whips from the slave master in the field. I'm sure he was jailed very fairly and the woman wasn't lying about it at all. Not one single bit!

So when the community was completely torn apart and the men lie dead, white whores went into the black houses and started taking dresses and other items black women had.

Keep playing ignorant, kid.
      Last edited by BigNuts; 04-09-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

But lets entertain the thought of what you are saying is true.... Was it REALLY necessary to completely destroy their entire community where babies and kids lived??????????????

The black man, Dick Rowland was 19 and Sarah Page was 17.

The 2000 official commission report notes that it was unusual for both Rowland and Page to be working downtown on Memorial Day, when most stores and businesses were closed. It suggests that Rowland had a simple accident, such as tripping and steadying himself against the girl, or perhaps they were lovers and had a quarrel. A dangerous and potentially deadly taboo, but not an impossibility.

Doesn't sound like rape to me. Sounds like an excuse to have have racist crackers shoot up and steal some shyt.

Comment

Dick Rowland was an African-American teen-age shoe shiner whose arrest in May 1921 was the impetus for the Tulsa Race Riot. When he was arrested for attempted assault, Rowland was 19 years old. The alleged victim of the assault was a white 17-year-old named Sarah Page. Page, who worked as an elevator operator, had eventually declined to prosecute. According to conflicting reports, the arrest was either prompted after Rowland tripped in an elevator on his way to a segregated bathroom, and a white store clerk misconstrued the incident as an "assault" or a rape.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Rowland
          Last edited by BigNuts; 04-09-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Æthelstan View Post

Uh no. A black man tripped into a white woman when an elevator stropped abruptly. The facts were completely distorted as they worked their way across town via word of mouth. Frustrated whites used the happening to massacre the black community. It's called a "riot" in that they destroyed the businesses and residential areas in addition to killing the people. It most certainly was a massacre.

Absolutely no one was raped. Even in southern, racist Tulsa, this was accepted as a fact as far back as when my mother was a little girl in the 1950s.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Uh no. A black man tripped into a white woman when an elevator stropped abruptly. The facts were completely distorted as they worked their way across town via word of mouth. Frustrated whites used the happening to massacre the black community. It's called a "riot" in that they destroyed the businesses and residential areas in addition to killing the people. It most certainly was a massacre.

Absolutely no one was raped. Even in southern, racist Tulsa, this was accepted as a fact as far back as when my mother was a little girl in the 1950s.
              And of course he never replied back......

Now I understand why major media outlets such as the history channel wont make a documentary of this. There are too many ignorant whites in this country just like Æthelstan that just don't want to hear it no matter what and I'm assuming it would be bad for business.

Comment

Working...
              X