Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is usually the reason Americans join the military?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is usually the reason Americans join the military?

Is it to serve USA? Or because he/she can't get a job?

This is not a troll question. I was born in the Philippines and I do notice that Americans are more patriotic and treat ex-military/veterans as heroes. Compared to Philippines, I can count on my fingers people I know personally that went to military.

Some do to serve their country but I believe most do to get an education and/or learn a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Some do to serve their country but I believe most do to get an education and/or learn a trade.
      Some do it as a path to citizenship. Cool that! They earn it!
      Last edited by Zaroku; 03-23-2016, 03:58 AM.

Comment

some people like getting yelled at to wake them up at 4am

Comment

some have a real sense of wanting to serve their country. For most, I think its the lack of opportunity combined with a recruiting station located close by the areas where opportunities are the fewest.

Comment

Some truly want to join others see it as an opportunity, and many simply have no better choice.

Comment

When my father joined he did it to go to Vietnam to serve his country and fight for the freedom of the South Vietnamese people.

Comment

I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill!

Comment

they set up a recruiting table next to the liquor store...that's how they got Beer

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    they set up a recruiting table next to the liquor store...that's how they got Beer
                    sons of bitches

Comment

Working...
                    X