No announcement yet.

Dozens killed in Brussels terrorist attack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I don't know why people defend Islam for any reason other than as Americans we believe in the right of religious freedom.

You read the Quran/Koran?
    Yeah I read it years ago when all my friends started converting to it. They were still slanging, jacking and pimping, but they thought Islam was for them. Mainly I believe because they viewed it as different and opposed to white washed Christianity. This was pre 911. What I took away from it was that it's a very angry ideology. Sure all the regular religious love and peace b.s. is in there, but it had a very angry overtone. Something that was confirmed when I read Karen armstrong's biography of Muhammad. Which outlined that the Koran was basically born as a means to control a very out of control society. Most stories of Muhammad are about battle which then led to his, "revelations." The Koran is a reflection of what was happening during his life at the time and there was a lot of hostility, which why there is so much of it in the book.

Unfortunately the thoughts of a warlord have spread throughout the world and you have these idiots following what he spoke of, in a very specific context, and applying it to this world.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Yeah I read it years ago when all my friends started converting to it. They were still slanging, jacking and pimping, but they thought Islam was for them. Mainly I believe because they viewed it as different and opposed to white washed Christianity. This was pre 911. What I took away from it was that it's a very angry ideology. Sure all the regular religious love and peace b.s. is in there, but it had a very angry overtone. Something that was confirmed when I read Karen armstrong's biography of Muhammad. Which outlined that the Koran was basically born as a means to control a very out of control society. Most stories of Muhammad are about battle which then led to his, "revelations." The Koran is a reflection of what was happening during his life at the time and there was a lot of hostility, which why there is so much of it in the book.

Unfortunately the thoughts of a warlord have spread throughout the world and you have these idiots following what he spoke of, in a very specific context, and applying it to this world.
      hahaha this quran is suppose to be from a deity(allah)

here's one about pedommad's uncle LAHAB.....

Surah Lahab, Verses 1-5

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful

تَبَّتْ يَدَا أَبِي لَهَبٍ وَتَبَّ

مَا أَغْنَىٰ عَنْهُ مَالُهُ وَمَا كَسَبَ

سَيَصْلَىٰ نَارًا ذَاتَ لَهَبٍ

وَامْرَأَتُهُ حَمَّالَةَ الْحَطَبِ

فِي جِيدِهَا حَبْلٌ مِّن مَّسَدٍ

1. “May the hands of Abu Lahab perish, may he (himself) perish ".
      2. “His wealth avails him not, neither what he had earned".
      3. “Soon will he roast in a flaming fire",
      4. “And his wife, the bearer of the firewood,”
      5. “Upon her neck a rope of twisted palm-fibre.”

Comment

I see it just the opposite, an overall book about peace with laden with some angry text. At least you've read it.

Obviously, anyone that uses the Koran to guide their terrorism is as flawed as a Bible thumper that use the Bible to justify killing gays or bombing abortion clinics. It's very hard for me, maybe not others, to judge the Koran because some use it this way.

I just hope that you do not really see anyone that disagrees as opposing simply because posters are white.

Comment

I see it just the opposite, an overall book about peace with laden with some angry text. At least you've read it.

Obviously, anyone that uses the Koran to guide their terrorism is as flawed as a Bible thumper that use the Bible to justify killing gays or bombing abortion clinics. It's very hard for me, maybe not others, to judge the Koran because some use it this way.

I just hope that you do not really see anyone that disagrees as opposing simply because posters are white.
          In general I certainly don't but when it comes to Islam I tend to notice women and black people seem to defend it because they view it as something that bucks the white man's system. That doesn't appear to be the case for you but I've seen it in others.

Comment

No it wouldn't. That is you're extreme assumption.
            No, it's simple English. Are you now using words and phrases you do not understand??

Do I need to educate you on what the terms you're using really mean???

Have we fallen this far?

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Yes I am. Are you aware of the loophole I am referring to? if we close loopholes here in the US, unlike what they did in France, I think that would help prevent terror attacks here in the US. DO you agree or disagree?
            I've already said increased gun laws will only result in higher body counts.

You do realize that by definition criminals don't obey laws, don't you?

Or is that another common sense basic fact of life you need me to teach you?

Interesting point. Yes, there could be a few law abiding citizens on a no fly list that couldn't purchase guns. There could also be 4th amendment rights violated through profiling, which is one of the main reasons I am opposed to it.
            Good you got half of it now, but you're still off on the 4th Amendment claim. It says nothing about "profiling", only about searches and seizures. Using crime stats for better policing is hardly violating the 4th Amendment.

What can we do to prevent people who are already in the US from obtaining weapons used in terror attacks?
            That's a whole different subject, but I'd think we can agree that no matter what steps are taken that guns will end up in terrorists hands. And when they do, I'd like us law-abiding Americans the chance to fight back.

You would make fighting back harder, which to me is either extreme naivete or serious ignorance.

Comment

• Dunn, we can now conclude that you cannot back up your claim that I slandered you, considering you've not provided one iota of proof despite being asked twice for some proof?

If so, please man up and just admit you were wrong and that I did not slander you.

Prove or retract. One or the other, please.

Comment

• Comment

In general I certainly don't but when it comes to Islam I tend to notice women and black people seem to defend it because they view it as something that bucks the white man's system. That doesn't appear to be the case for you but I've seen it in others.
                  Lol bro, big dunn hates the white man, isnt he a member of nation of islam, or those 5 percenter black muslims. He said you are racist if you think broner is trying to be like floyd. He toned down his blatant accusations so he doesnt get banned, but he calls you racist if you point out blacks who are racist or race biased. He also is known to report and snitch and false accuse people he dislikes who own him in debates.

Comment

Women defending Islam, woah that's truly bizarre. But yes, it's very common especially amongst women not subjected themselves.

Comment

The bible advocates killing ****sexuals. You wouldn't judge everything on just that so why would you have a different standard for the Quran?
                      do you see me defending the bible? the only double standard here is your double standard between muslim and nazi atrocities... one is OK because it's in the name of a religion.

The point is the entire Quran, taken as a complete text, gives a message of hope, faith, and peace. The overwhelming message is that peace is to be found through faith in God, and justice among fellow human beings. Yet you single out just certain passages to support your argument.
                      seems to be working quite beautifully between sunnis and shias, and especially for non-muslims in the Middle East isn't it?

Don't switch the discussion. We are not talking economics. I am just pointing out what I am seeing and refuting BG's assertion that its just "leftists" suggesting this isn't a war with Islam.
                      i'm not talking about economics. you claim that you see "a rise in the right-wing as a response in Europe" but then claim it isn't a right or left issue. you can't have it both ways. it's strictly leftists cuckoldry and policymaking that is enabling "peaceful muslims" to wreak havoc and take advantage of Europe.

Yet I didn't call him a bigot, he called himself one. What if someone did call him that? Its no different than you, BG and others calling people "leftists". Given what he said he'd rather be, wouldn't anyone calling him a bigot be correct?
                      so would he be correct in calling you an idiot too?

Comment

Working...
                      X