No announcement yet.

The EU referendum - UK Votes to Leave!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History has been made.

Only time will tell if the decision was the right one.

Britain has big decisions to make and its own destiny.

This is about Britain being able to make their own decisions without being held to ransom by the EU. Exciting but at the same time unknown times to what happens to the UK.

The EU may be crushed by this result. The dutch will parting with the EU next.

Comment

• Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
      The bolded part is what I feel is the most important issue.
      Ok. To me it's Peace though.

I understand that and that's unfortunate for them, but should the people of the UK continue living under policies they don't agree with just so they don't inconvenience 1 million Brits who don't even live in Britain?
      When you have a marriage, there's always some points where you have to make a compromise. If you don't like it, you must seek a divorce. That's what the brits did. They clearly felt that the bad Things outweighed the good Things and that's it really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mash121 View Post
        History has been made.

Only time will tell if the decision was the right one.

Britain has big decisions to make and its own destiny.

This is about Britain being able to make their own decisions without being held to ransom by the EU. Exciting but at the same time unknown times to what happens to the UK.

The EU may be crushed by this result. The dutch will parting with the EU next.
        Really? How so?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          Ok. To me it's Peace though.
          We all want peace I wouldn't sacrifice peace for anything. But I don't see how the UK leaving will lead to war. They haven't left the continent of Europe, they have decided to take their borders back and not allow leaders from other countries to influence their policies.
          Last edited by 48cantCstraight; 06-24-2016, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• One long term benefit imo is that we will no longer be able to rely on financial sector as our main pillar of our economy and we will be forced to diversify (meaning less London centric economy and a more stable economy in the long run)

Assuming we dont have access to free market that is (which we wont get without free movement of people, which is the main reason we left)

Will be a negative at first maybe as our biggest institutions take a hit, but long term i think its a positive

Comment

• Originally posted by 48cantCstraight View Post
              We all want peace I wouldn't sacrifice peace for anything. But I don't see how the UK leaving will lead to war. They haven't left the continent of Europe, they have decided to take their borders back and not allow leaders from other countries to influence their policies.
              Not the UK alone I agree, but if every nation makes their own decision (= no EU), the risk of conflict will quickly rise without any doubt whatsoever. Putin is already in party-mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                Just saw Scotland voting 60-40 to remain. Those f-ing A holes.
                Hey. I voted to leave so I'm happy. London has a bigger pop and were heavy pro remain. It counts for little with a country our size.

Look at it this way. Those 1million + Scots that voted to leave were the margin of victory. The vital 2% lol

glad to help

Comment

• Great result. Disappointed in my fellow Scots but I'd rather be out of the E.U than in it. Thanks Wales, England and everyone that voted for leave.

Comment

• Congrats to the United Kingdom for taking back their democracy from the much too powerful EU bureaucracy. You had the courage to take back your own self determination.

Last edited by BostonGuy; 06-24-2016, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Not the UK alone I agree, but if every nation makes their own decision (= no EU), the risk of conflict will quickly rise without any doubt whatsoever. Putin is already in party-mode.
                      On what basis? Pure skepticism that holds zero substance.

Britain will remain a strong functional nation with its own destiny like many other nations.

There is nothing to be afraid of. This wasn't about immigration, this was about Britain having their own say on politics.

The ties can still remain strong among European nations. Its time for important negotiations.

Comment

Working...
                      X