Collapse
No announcement yet.

The EU referendum - UK Votes to Leave!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EU referendum - UK Votes to Leave!

Im firmly in the leave campaign, get back our boarders, save 55 million and leave the sinking ship that is the ecb.

Leaving would not be a good idea IMO.

Business leaders from all over the world have told us that our connection to the EU makes us a much more attractive prospect than if we went it alone. These are businesses who set up factories, shops, warehouses, invest in our businesses et etc. At the risk of sounding lime One Capitalist, job creating. We also sell a huge proportion of our goods to the EU, and leaving would make that more difficult.

We dont have the natural resources of, say, Norway. Who can dictate their position in the EU due to them being fecking rich. Nor are we in a position like Switzerland, who can sit back and not care what position they are in because shady characters from all over the world will keep sending money to their banks anyways.

Border control is only one part of the issue for me.

Its good that we will get the choice, but i will vote to stay in.

Comment

Thats not to say the EU is perfect. But we should be looking to make changes from the inside.

Comment

The EU is a failure

Comment

The EU has been a complete and utter disaster.

Somebody is going to have to explain the benefits of Britain staying in the EU because there are many many negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Leaving would not be a good idea IMO.

Business leaders from all over the world have told us that our connection to the EU makes us a much more attractive prospect than if we went it alone. These are businesses who set up factories, shops, warehouses, invest in our businesses et etc. At the risk of sounding lime One Capitalist, job creating. We also sell a huge proportion of our goods to the EU, and leaving would make that more difficult.

We dont have the natural resources of, say, Norway. Who can dictate their position in the EU due to them being fecking rich. Nor are we in a position like Switzerland, who can sit back and not care what position they are in because shady characters from all over the world will keep sending money to their banks anyways.

Border control is only one part of the issue for me.

Its good that we will get the choice, but i will vote to stay in.
            The eu is a sinking ship, thats why they are running on negative interest rates and pumping printed money into its failing economy.

As for your laughable economic plan, the eu rely on us more than we rely on them. Toyota the worlds most sucuessful car manufacturers stated its makes no bother to them whether we leave or stay. They know the uk is wealthy. Hence why they will continue to invest in us.

The reason why big firms want us to stay is due to the 336k immigrants a year. Simple demand and supply of labour.this us why wages have been supressed, so to increase big companies profit margins.

Throw in the potential bosnia and turkey joining and that will onky get worse.

Plus we will save our healthcare, education and housing crisis if we leave and save 20 billion!

Vote leave folks

Comment

I'd vote to leave at the moment. The way the troika has treated Greece, and handled the Eurozone crisis has been shambolic, and the organisation as a whole is overly bureaucratic, and undemocratic.
              If we do leave though we'll probably see the currency devalue quite a bit because we'll have to make it more appealing to other nations to buy our products. The initial aftermath will be very turbulent to say the least so we should be prepared.

A European Union is a noble idea, however, in it's current form it's heavily in favour of Germany. They had their debts all but written off after WW2 because the other EU leaders knew their debts wouldn't be repaid (no such treatment for Greece, obviously). The single European currency was set up to make German exports more affordable to other nations. To me, the whole thing needs a revamp. or it will die.
              Last edited by Hitman Hodgson; 02-20-2016, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Vote out, that should cause a stir and rattle the bureaucrats a bit.

Comment

I'd love to see the UK out of the EU but it won't happen. All the parties except UKIP, big business and big media will say that if the UK leaves everyone will lose their job, pension and end up living on the street. That and no doubt some cheating if necessary will see the "stay in" side get at least a small victory.

Comment

As a Fat Yank observing the European Union, it seems to me that the bloc as a whole exerts too much political power over its members and enacts policies that affect the national security interests of member states. I always thought the EU was supposed to the an economic union to help promote commerce among the countries.

Comment

Working...
                    X