Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ignore list. I don't have one. Do you and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    Get her!!

For the record, I never (as the person who inspired this thread) use my ignore list for someone having a different opinion. But it's a fallacy that that's what it's used for.

I use it for when someone won't stop being a boring irritant. If someone logs into a thread where I'm trying to discuss something, only to say "u suk ur a ****, lamo" then I think "fair enough, he's right there." But if they then say that repeatedly in every sngle thread I make, not wanting to discuss it further, then Hell yeah I'll put them on my ignore list. I don't see anything "gutless" about that... it's like moving seats on the bus if a drunk hobo sits next to you and pisses himself.

I've got a few people on ignore... none of them have "different opinions" to me. But all of them say things like "fuk every1, I touch my own poop."

Still, nice to see someone people getting so far on their high horse they're at risk of bumping their head on a cloud.
    Get this thing!!

I could give two ****s about who or what you have on your ignore list, I would imagine vaginas and normal sex are barred as well, but hey I'm just guessing here. As a rule, I don't ignore someone I can escape by going to another site or simply by closing my eyes, in your case, I would imagine you're chair bound for some reason and your mother only lets you visit this site, so you're excluded for the time being.

People I find dull, I simply don't read their threads or posts, it doesn't pain me to visually scan past them or ignore their idiotic offerings. There's no high horse to be had it's simple reflexes that allow us to point and click our way to sites that have members that are more to our liking.

Idiot....

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      I have way too much street cred to use that particular forum function.

Too urban for that.
      Excellent post. Exactly how I feel about it. But I can only speak for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        I am hard to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
          Get this thing!!

I could give two ****s about who or what you have on your ignore list, I would imagine vaginas and normal sex are barred as well, but hey I'm just guessing here. As a rule, I don't ignore someone I can escape by going to another site or simply by closing my eyes, in your case, I would imagine you're chair bound for some reason and your mother only lets you visit this site, so you're excluded for the time being.

People I find dull, I simply don't read their threads or posts, it doesn't pain me to visually scan past them or ignore their idiotic offerings. There's no high horse to be had it's simple reflexes that allow us to point and click our way to sites that have members that are more to our liking.

Idiot....
          I'm a virgin and live with my mother, huh? That's a real original line in comebacks you've got there.

I've noticed you from time to time, despite never interacting with you before... you always come across as a self-righteous asshole who thinks his shit smells sweet and sees himself as in some position of intellectual superiority.

It amuses me that you think so highly of yourself, Norrin Radd... you ought to get a job as a preacher. But then, it's me that's the "idiot".

What a cock.

Comment

This thread is getting action.

:

Comment

I'm a virgin and live with my mother, huh? That's a real original line in comebacks you've got there.
              Not trying to make a comeback just pointing out a reality, and I didn't say you were a virgin just that you don't like vaginas. There's still a whole animal kingdom out there there for you to hide your pecker in. You ever tried humping ground round, I heard it's to die for?

I've noticed you from time to time, despite never interacting with you before... you always come across as a self-righteous asshole who thinks his shit smells sweet and sees himself as in some position of intellectual superiority.
              I feel bad about this because I haven't noticed or cared about you in the least. Gee whiz, this brief interlude has gotten off to a rather unequal start. It isn't hard to be intellectually superior over a nest of dimwits. "Self-righteous?" Really? That's your retort, I come off as self-righteous to a guy who pens idiotic stories day after day clogging up this forum? Okay? If judging you for being dumb is bad, I stand guilty as charged.

It amuses me that you think so highly of yourself, Norrin Radd... you ought to get a job as a preacher. But then, it's me that's the "idiot".

What a cock.
              "Norrin Radd" is a comic book character i.e. that means he isn't real. Several morons have tried to wander away from topics to my avatar, that's how I know they have nothing else to offer. They want to talk about the Silver Surfer, it's how dumb ****s capitulate.

Getting a job as a preacher is pretty profitable actually, there are plenty of dummies out there that will fill the offering plates to pay my salary.

Comment

c'mon stream and 'rak

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

linked wrong thing, but it's still great.

Comment

I feel bad about this because I haven't noticed or cared about you in the least.
                    Oh, I don't want you to get confused here, or mistakenly believe that I actually gave a shit. It's just that I've read 2-3 threads about topics I've been interested in, with posts by engaging posters (ie. not you) and stumbled across your replies to people. And every time I've thought to myself "hmmm... he seems a self-regarding asswit"... then moved on and forgotten about it.

"Norrin Radd" is a comic book character i.e. that means he isn't real. Several morons have tried to wander away from topics to my avatar, that's how I know they have nothing else to offer. They want to talk about the Silver Surfer, it's how dumb ****s capitulate.
                    It's just particularly noticeable because on days when this site is slow to load (say, on big fight nights) the big animation at the bottom of your sig will make threads with you in them even slower.

See, it's less of a statement of your interest in a comicbook character, more a flashing billboard that says "look at me... I'm a ****."

But keep up with the "moron" routine.. it's funny to watch someone as mentally turgid as you talk himself up.

Comment

Oh, I don't want you to get confused here, or mistakenly believe that I actually gave a shit. It's just that I've read 2-3 threads about topics I've been interested in, with posts by engaging posters (ie. not you) and stumbled across your replies to people. And every time I've thought to myself "hmmm... he seems a self-regarding asswit"... then moved on and forgotten about it.
                      Hopefully you'll forget about me soon. You're hurting my feelings Cinderella. Maybe you'd be best served looking for another glass slipper, a Prince Charming to fill your rump or for a group of singing fairies?

It's just particularly noticeable because on days when this site is slow to load (say, on big fight nights) the big animation at the bottom of your sig will make threads with you in them even slower.
                      I don't track stuff like that but tell me more. I feel oh so selfish with my elaborate avatar which is now guilty of slowing the sight on nights of "big fights." You a boxing fan doe?

See, it's less of a statement of your interest in a comicbook character, more a flashing billboard that says "look at me... I'm a ****."
                      I have an avatar of a guy flying through space and I'm a ****, but you literally fill these forums with absolute trash and are poster of the year? That's ridiculous. It's an avatar hunny, it won't hurt you and the fact that you have an issue with it says more about your lack of materiel than my taste dimwit.

But keep up with the "moron" routine.. it's funny to watch someone as mentally turgid as you talk himself up.
                      It's pretty easy to talk myself up when I'm comparing myself to a handicapped man that's potentially into non-human vaginas.

Comment

Working...
                      X