No announcement yet.

Star wars the force awakens

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Just watched the movie, best Star Wars film by far. My only gripe is how easily they blow up planets and how easily they destroyed the death star 2.0. But I could've missed something, I wasn't paying attention in the planning scene all I remember is seeing like a 4/5 man star fighter taking out that planet base.

I liked the Kylo Ren guy, thought he looked a little wimpy and gay at first, but I remembered Vader also looked like a bum and by the end of the movie I had forgiven him for being such a wimp as he's still on the path of the dark side which then again is all about being a scared little wimp too sissy to trust anyone and stuff. In the next movie hopefully he's got that ****ed up sith face(pale, yellow eyed, dark veins etc.), he'll look a lot cooler. Fact he didn't have that shows he was a noob with this dark side business, no lightning neither. The end fight scene between the trio was the best fight from any Star Wars film also. Ren was more or less having his way with Finn who's a soldier, with his abdomen shot up and if I remember right could only use one arm properly but just seemed to let his guard down for a moment then proceeded to get payback by frying Finn's spine(how do you recover from that?). Rey showed in the beginning of the movie she can handle her self very well with a melee weapon and she was also getting mollywhopped whilst Ren was holding back trying to recruit her. Vader was a Jedi his entire life too and he got mollywhopped by Luke who trained for one year with any weapon whilst spending his whole life with no combat experience unlike Rey and Finn who'd likely been fighting most their lives.

P.S R2 had a piece of the map, BB8 the other.
    This will never top the originals or ROTS to me. The only good thing is the likable characters. Plot and the Story sucked. Kylo is a watered down version of Darth Caedus who is a true badass. Finn got beat by some random fodder in the beginning with the light saber but gets a hit on Kylo? You say he was injured but Caedus was near death and killed Lukes wife who was a skilled Jedi warrior, he also beat multiple Jedi masters at the same time while being severally injured. He is a noob in his 30's? Also would any one from the Prequels let Finn get a clean hit? They would wipe him out like the fly he was. Rey knows how to pilot the Falcon after never piloting she could use the force with no training, when Anakin who has the strongest force sensitivity in the whole star wars mythology had to rain in the Jedi temple before doing any of that ****. Kylo should have just kept the mask on i liked him then. It might sound like i dont like this movie but i did. It was enjoyable but when comparing it to the other star wars films is where i can't see this being up there for me. Maybe after the next two come out and we see the fully story i will change my opinion but for now it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      This will never top the originals or ROTS to me.The only good thing is the likable characters. Plot and the Story sucked. Kylo is a watered down version of Darth Caedus who is a true badass. Finn got beat by some random fodder in the beginning with the light saber but gets a hit on Kylo? You say he was injured but Caedus was near death and killed Lukes wife who was a skilled Jedi warrior, he also beat multiple Jedi masters at the same time while being severally injured. He is a noob in his 30's? Also would any one from the Prequels let Finn get a clean hit? They would wipe him out like the fly he was. Rey knows how to pilot the Falcon after never piloting she could use the force with no training, when Anakin who has the strongest force sensitivity in the whole star wars mythology had to rain in the Jedi temple before doing any of that ****. Kylo should have just kept the mask on i liked him then. It might sound like i dont like this movie but i did. It was enjoyable but when comparing it to the other star wars films is where i can't see this being up there for me. Maybe after the next two come out and we see the fully story i will change my opinion but for now it is what it is.
      That's fine, personally to me it does. Besides the first one most of the star wars movies have been full of plot holes and for the most part super lame, how dopey was that beginning scene where Luke comes to save Solo, terrible planning, stuff like that does my head in and I think it stuck with me the entire film, still some of the fight scenes in those earlier movies were better than the ones with Hayden, the ******ed flips and sht in those movies just weren't for me and I could/can barely watch those movies which consist of mainly talk, and more talk dragging for way too long.

And I have no idea who Caedus is. Didn't even know Luke had a wife.

Just to clear some stuff up. Firstly, I got the two mixed up, I meant to say Ren let his guard down vs Rey, but against Finn the slash he took was glancing, he was using the same arm no problem. Secondly I meant that Ren is a noob with the darkside i.e no yellow eyes, veiny face and pasty skin.

As for why did Finn do so bad against the stormtrooper, dunno, movie, style make fights(that guys weapon was unorthodox you gotta admit) or he just didn't have the same level of drive just fighting for his life compared to having to stand between Ren and Rey.
      Last edited by SplitSecond; 12-22-2015, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        That's fine, personally to me it does. Besides the first one most of the star wars movies have been full of plot holes and for the most part super lame, how dopey was that beginning scene where Luke comes to save Solo, terrible planning, stuff like that does my head in and I think it stuck with me the entire film, still some of the fight scenes in those earlier movies were better than the ones with Hayden, the ******ed flips and sht in those movies just weren't for me and I could/can barely watch those movies which consist of mainly talk, and more talk dragging for way too long.

And I have no idea who Caedus is. Didn't even know Luke had a wife.

Just to clear some stuff up. Firstly, I got the two mixed up, I meant to say Ren let his guard down vs Rey, but against Finn the slash he took was glancing, he was using the same arm no problem. Secondly I meant that Ren is a noob with the darkside i.e no yellow eyes, veiny face and pasty skin.
        I agree, all the movies have there plot holes but the orginal, i like the journey of Luke. From his time with Obi Wan to his training with the force with Yoda. This one seemed to fast paced going from one place to another.

Darth Caedus and Mara Jade are from the EU bascally before disney mad ethis new movie there were alots of books and comics, video games out telling stroies hudrends of years before the Original trilogy to stories of the solo/skywalker family years after ep.6. Darth Caedus was Han Solos son in the EU called Jacen Solo who turned to the dark side. Mara jade was lukes wife. Now disney said this universe doesn't count and the movies are the true canon now.

Luke and Mara JAde with his son BenSkywalker.

Darth Caedus

The flips were pointless that i agree with you. But some of the best fights were not in the movie chsck the 2003 cartoon clones wars which takes place between 2 &3 Anakin vs Asajj Ventress has to be one the best duels.

Comment

• Finally saw it, OP, it was definitely worth the admission LOL. I'm a fan now.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            If you honestly believe the prequels are superior to this, I question your opinion on anything related to Star Wars. Revenge was the best prequel, but this was easily ahead of that. No "Ohhh hold me annie....like you did by the lake on naboo when all we had was love" lol No Hayden Christensen.

I will say the last 30-40 minutes of ROTS was nice though.

I don't think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I've shared my flaws with it. But it was a solid Star Wars movie IMO.
            The biggest problem with the prequels is that they all became filler when George Lucas chickened out and cut Darth Jar Jar.

The Phantom Menace was designed to be an introduction and a misdirection for the reveal of Darth Jar Jar in the second film. When Jar Jar was so badly recieved, Lucas just chickened out and scrapped it. That effectively left TPM as irredeemable crap, and the next two movies as filler until we got to the cool part, the death of the jedi and the brith of Vader.

The truth is, Marcia Lucas was the one who made Star Wars good. I still haven't seen VIIth, but ROTJ is as bad as the prequels. Stupid, bad humour gone too far, and mostly filler until we get to the meaty part of the climax.

Comment

I agree, all the movies have there plot holes but the orginal, i like the journey of Luke. From his time with Obi Wan to his training with the force with Yoda. This one seemed to fast paced going from one place to another.

Darth Caedus and Mara Jade are from the EU bascally before disney mad ethis new movie there were alots of books and comics, video games out telling stroies hudrends of years before the Original trilogy to stories of the solo/skywalker family years after ep.6. Darth Caedus was Han Solos son in the EU called Jacen Solo who turned to the dark side. Mara jade was lukes wife. Now disney said this universe doesn't count and the movies are the true canon now.

Luke and Mara JAde with his son BenSkywalker.
              Does it really matter that much though? In all the books Luke and Leia's kids were always going to be force sensitive. Disney didn't even change that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Does it really matter that much though? In all the books Luke and Leia's kids were always going to be force sensitive. Disney didn't even change that much.
                It matters for story telling purposes, but i get the movies can't cram multiple novels or comics in 1 or even 3 movies its impossible. In the novels you see the Solo twins grow up from childhood to adulthood, and then even go beyond to the new skywalker hundreds years later. What do you mean by Disney didn't change that much? They made there own story with its own characters. I liked the movie but it has its flaws just like the rest of the movies but some things in this movie bother more. Maybe the next 2 films will flesh the story more.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  Seems some here didn't 'get' the Kylo Ren character. I don't believe he was intended to be some badass evil character like Dath Vader/Darth Maul off the bat, he was shown as vulnerable and at times weak trying to fill a big man's shoes. I think he had the most depth of any of the new characters.

Curious to see what direction Rian Johnson (Looper director) takes the next film.
                  Exactly....

Comment

ROTS > TFA this movie has so much plot holes. Rey who is just good at everything. Kylo Ren who i liked until he took his mask off to look like some goofy guy that people blame Haydens acting what about Drivers? In the Han Solo scene when he delivered his line i cringed. And the worst is the ending. Finn who has no training gets a clean hit on Kylo, Rey then suddenly wishes and it comes true and beats Kylo. The ending in the map was with R2 this whole time? Anakin is 19-20 in clone wars and 23 in ROTS and Kylo is in his 30s acting like this. Anakin was complex Kylo is just wack. How a a trained light saber fencer loses to two novices is beyond me.
                    He didn't lose to Finn??? And he was wounded from Chewie shooting him. And I think all that is supposed to be is that Rey is super strong with the force.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeandreXI View Post
                      Finally saw it, OP, it was definitely worth the admission LOL. I'm a fan now.
                      Did you do 4,5,6,1,2,3 or 4,5,1,2,3,6

Comment

Working...
                      X