No announcement yet.

Turkey shoots down Russian Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Better to support the murderous savages in ISIS, like Turkey?
    Fuk them too but what do you expect Turkey to do when Russia is running rough shot over the whole area?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Can't wait to see how NATO reacts. Can't imagine they can adopt a strong line given the circumstances. Everyone seems to be talking about Turkey's ongoing support for ISIS except NATO governments. Now even Russian Duma representatives and Putin himself are calling them accomplices of terror.
      Putin has called out the Turks. At long fucking last someone has done it.

"We have long been recording the movement of a large amount of oil and petroleum products to Turkey from Isis-occupied territories. This explains the significant funding the terrorists are receiving. Now they are stabbing us in the back by hitting our planes that are fighting terrorism. This is happening despite the agreement we have signed with our American partners to prevent air incidents, and, as you know, Turkey is among those who are supposed to be fighting terrorism within the American coalition.

If Isis is making so much money – we are talking about tens or maybe even hundreds of millions, possibly billions of dollars – in oil trade and they are supported by the armed forces of an entire state, it is clear why they are being so daring and impudent, why they are killing people in such gruesome ways, why they are committing terrorist attacks all over the world, including in the heart of Europe."
      Articles are being written about this on Western news sites and papers every day now. Can't be ignored any longer if the US wants to keep saying they oppose ISIS.

Comment

Turkey's actions are ridiculous. They know why Russia was in their airspace, it was no threat to them at all. They really exposed themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Turkey's actions are ridiculous. They know why Russia was in their airspace, it was no threat to them at all. They really exposed themselves.
          Oh come on, that's not a justification. The fact remains Russia probes and breaches countries air space way too often. They fall guilty of it aside from areas of there being a conflict.

If a Russian fighter jet was probing around and eventually breaching American airspace in a zone of a confrontation, American air control and security log the movements and warn them 10 times over 5 minutes to leave immediately or action will be forced....they ignored it...you honestly telling me you'd be crying victim for Russia?

Comment

Turkey(aka Isis' funding campaign) is going to pay for this, you better believe that.

Comment

This stuff is serious. I wonder how NATO and the US respond.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                This stuff is serious. I wonder how NATO and the US respond.
                I can only imagine John Kirby sitting there like "Uhhhh yeah we have highly classified uhhhhhh, evidence against the Sovie- uhhh Russians I mean that shows what they were doing was a breach of NATO's uhhhhh flying rules? Oh yeah I mean air space regulations. This just goes to show the commi- uhhhh Russians I mean are a threat to NATO".

Comment

The world is becoming a much more dangerous place in every passing day...

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                    Oh come on, that's not a justification. The fact remains Russia probes and breaches countries air space way too often. They fall guilty of it aside from areas of there being a conflict.

If a Russian fighter jet was probing around and eventually breaching American airspace in a zone of a confrontation, American air control and security log the movements and warn them 10 times over 5 minutes to leave immediately or action will be forced....they ignored it...you honestly telling me you'd be crying victim for Russia?
                    I agree they shouldn't be entering other countries' airspace under normal circumstances, but I think this is a little different. The whole world knows they are in the area taking care of a problem that has been ignored for way too long. They were not planning to attack Turkey. They posed no threat. Russia has figured out all of Turkey's dirty secrets relating to ISIS and Turkey didn't want them snooping around or using their space to launch attacks against their terrorist friends.

Comment

Former British Diplomat quoted in the Guardian:

"I calculate that each “incursion” over Turkish territory would have lasted about 10 seconds, assuming the plane was flying slowly at 600mph. That Turkey shot down the plane for this is madness, and absolutely indefensible. It is fairly obvious from the track that the plane was operating against Turkish sponsored Turkmen rebels inside Syria, and that is why the Turks shot it down."

Comment

Working...
                      X