Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Not conjecture at all...
    So we can add conjecture to the list of terms you need to be educated on.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    It's a simple question and I will take this as another example of you diverting to not be embarrassed. You do this all the time, and this is my biggest issue with you. You are dishonest in your arguments, when you cannot come up with a reply.
    Again, it's conjecture.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    It's ok to answer the question and admit that the Bible is where Christians get their idea of god from and that it's faith that drives your belief not logic and reason.
    This is not conjecture, so I can address it.

We do get our idea of God from the Bible. That said, we do not worship the Bible as you claimed we do.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
      You painstakingly answered all his questions but you never answered mine......

were you molested by a priest as a child or not?
      It's comical to watch him duck your question, then whine and complain when he claims his are being ducked.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        Non sequitur.
        Oh boy, now there's two of them.

Again, don't use terms you do not know the meaning of. It makes you look ignorant, and insecure about your ignorance.

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        It doesnt follow that because God gave you life, you accept his actions.
        It follows for ME, and you asked ME for MY answer.

AGAIN, why you can't just accept I have different beliefs then you and just move on is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          Oh boy, now there's two of them.

Again, don't use terms you do not know the meaning of. It makes you look ignorant, and insecure about your ignorance.

It follows for ME, and you asked ME for MY answer.

AGAIN, why you can't just accept I have different beliefs then you and just move on is beyond me.
          You love to argue over terminology just for an opportunity to condescend and distract from the topic at hand. Nice tactic, but im not taking the bait. lol.

Actually...

non sequitur
          noun: non sequitur;
          a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
          If you say "it follows for me" according to your beliefs, then its subjective. Therefore you cannot say my use of the word is wrong. Because according to my logic, it is a non sequitur.

Im asking HOW does it follow for you? What is your reasoning?

And once again, you cut out the part where i explained to you WHY it doesnt follow...

"My parents gave me life, but i dont accept everything they do."

So, WHY does God giving you life mean you accept his actions?

Last edited by The Noose; 11-18-2015, 06:18 PM.

Comment

You love to argue over terminology just for an opportunity to condescend and distract from the topic at hand. Nice tactic, but im not taking the bait. lol.
            Wrong. It's just that I'm educated in Debate and you are not.

Take this for what it is, an opportunity to learn.

non sequitur
            noun: non sequitur;
            a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
            Yup, that's the definition. Your problem, and why my answer was not a non sequitur, is that you asked me a question.

Again, I was not debating, refuting, rebutting, etc. I was simply answering a question about my beliefs. You just refuse to accept my answer. We've been going around this circle for days now.

Im asking HOW does it follow for you? What is your reasoning?
            Facepalm.

I've answered that way too many times. My answer can be found in most of my posts. I'm just not going to re-write yet again.

And once again, you cut out the part where i explained to you WHY it doesnt follow...
            Yes, I fully understand it doesn't follow for YOU. But you asked ME about MY beliefs.

We have different beliefs. When will you finally get that??

Comment

It's comical to watch him duck your question, then whine and complain when he claims his are being ducked.
              Yeah well he is known to do that from time to time.......... but Cuahu is gonna Cuahu

Comment

• Originally posted by RavshinRicRude View Post
                Oh snap.........first Reed got

now Cuah is getting got???

How are the religious winning this????
                I didn't get exposed once bruh... you on the other hand, everyone's pretty much aware you haven't the slightest clue what's going on on either side

Comment

Wrong. It's just that I'm educated in Debate and you are not.

Take this for what it is, an opportunity to learn.
                  Its a tactic you use consistently.
                  Plus you are a massive hypocrite for telling me to "cut the smug" (although i like that expression) and calling anyone else condescending or argumentative.
                  I thought you were here to answer questions?

Another tactic is playing the victim card. (my imaginary back handed insults....where are they?)

As far as learning...remember the "death is not death" reading comprehension lesson?

Yup, that's the definition. Your problem, and why my answer was not a non sequitur, is that you asked me a question.
                  Your conclusion does not follow from your previous statement.
                  "God gave me life" = statement.
                  "Therefore i accept his actions" = conclusion.

There is no reasoning there at all.

Again, I was not debating, refuting, rebutting, etc. I was simply answering a question about my beliefs. You just refuse to accept my answer. We've been going around this circle for days now

You have not answered my question.

Facepalm.

I've answered that way too many times. My answer can be found in most of my posts. I'm just not going to re-write yet again.
                  Facepalm? Id love to believe you are really smacking yourself in the face. Maybe try a little harder.
                  See above. You have not answered my question. Why do you not condemn God because he gave you life? Why is him giving you life an excuse to not condemn his drowning of innocent children?

Yes, I fully understand it doesn't follow for YOU. But you asked ME about MY beliefs.

We have different beliefs. When will you finally get that??
                  When have i ever contested that we dont have different beliefs??
                  You have never once explained why you believe God giving you life means you cannot condemn him. You are avoiding any attempt to explain your reasoning.

Comment

• You were given your answer, and many times at that. It's obvious you're simply not able to comprehend it despite me writing in the simplest English I can.

That, or you're bent on having an argument when there is no need for one.

Comment

Facepalm? Id love to believe you are really smacking yourself in the face. Maybe try a little harder.
                      See above. You have not answered my question. Why do you not condemn God because he gave you life? Why is him giving you life an excuse to not condemn his drowning of innocent children?

When have i ever contested that we dont have different beliefs??
                      You have never once explained why you believe God giving you life means you cannot condemn him. You are avoiding any attempt to explain your reasoning.
                      I think he has repeatedly lol. I dont agree with his stance but he's given his reasoning over and over again. To me and you it doesn't make sense but to him it does.

Comment

Working...
                      X