Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone knowledgeable in the bible confirm this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Yes, it does. How long are you going to say I can't have the beliefs I do?

You don't need the quote as you already showed what I said. Now you just have to accept that that is what I believe. Why you refuse to is beyond me.

You havent explained WHY you accept it.
    Im trying to understand your reasoning.

Ive explained why i could condemn my parents for their actions, even though they gave me life.
    You havent explained why God giving you life means you cannot condemn him.

You are accusing me or wanting to argue so you dont have to explain.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Come on now. Why the need to be so condescending and insulting? Stuff like this is why people can't have adult discussions about topics like religion.

You can disagree with someone without mocking them. Surely you must know this concept.
      How brilliantly hypocritical of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
        If hes God he knew that would all happen. It worked out all tho His plan. Wether you think its foolish is irrelevant because even the bible states Mans wisdom is foolishness to God and Gods wisdom is foolishness to man. So its expected those with no spiritual eye cannot see the purpose.
        A wonderful way of accepting mass murder.
        God did it, so its ok. Im sure he knows what hes doing. Drowning children is just part of his great plan.

If he already knew everything that would happen...that means he knew people would sin and he would have to wipe them all out before he created Adam and Eve? He knew they would sin...he knew Jesus would be crucified...he knew Satan would rebel....but he went through with it all anyway?
        Last edited by The Noose; 11-17-2015, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          You know why, because when we are having a discussion about the god that people believe in, and their answer to a serious discussion is that I just don't understand because I'm human and he's god, it deserves the same level of absurd response.

If you and me are debating politics and I tell you, "You are just too stupid to understand economics" I think you would take offense to that. Religious people don't see their overt arrogance when talking to non religious people.

Saying "It's god and you don't understand" is NOT an adult discussion nor is it an intelligent response. It's what you tell children to calm them down.

Prime example of how absurd theist logic is. It clearly states that he is jealous in the Bible, and we get rationalization 1, 345 to interpret it correctly...lol

This is the exact reason there are 30,000 sects of Christianity and it's hilarious anytime one of you give the "right" interpretation of what I'm reading with my own two eyes.

Do you understand God?.......
          yes or no.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            A wonderful way of accepting mass murder.
            God did it, so its ok. Im sure he knows what hes doing. Drowning children is just part of his great plan.

If he already knew everything that would happen...that means he knew people would sin and he would have to wipe them all out before he created Adam and Eve? He knew they would sin...he knew Jesus would be crucified...he knew Satan would rebel....but he went through with it all anyway?
            That's the absurd aspect of original sin I was talking about. God as read int he Bible, is omnipotent and omniscient. So the moment he created man, he knew he was condemning BILLIONS to the torture of hell he created.

I mean, if god's plan is salvation, he missed the mark by about 4.8 billion souls out of the 7 billion on planet earth. You would think he would take the majority of people but like it says in the "good book" the path to heaven is a narrow one.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™
              That was the plan.
              A dastardly plan.

I prefer my plans for **** and food. But, im the one sinning!

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              That's the absurd aspect of original sin I was talking about. God as read int he Bible, is omnipotent and omniscient. So the moment he created man, he knew he was condemning BILLIONS to the torture of hell he created.

I mean, if god's plan is salvation, he missed the mark by about 4.8 billion souls out of the 7 billion on planet earth. You would think he would take the majority of people but like it says in the "good book" the path to heaven is a narrow one.
              lol.

It takes a special kind of stupid to know you are going to screw up, and screw up anyway. At least humans have the excuse of not being all knowing deities.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                A dastardly plan.

I prefer my plans for **** and food. But, im the one sinning!

lol.

It takes a special kind of stupid to know you are going to screw up, and screw up anyway. At least humans have the excuse of not being all knowing deities.
                Humans are flawed and will succumb to temptation. Let me put this tree in the middle of the garden and tell them they can't eat from it's fruit even though it's fruit will give them unlimited knowledge....

Dastardly! (I love that word lol)

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

yes or no.
                  This is what I'm talking about. You talk about philosophy, well let me school you on debate 101.

You do not get to introduce your conclusion into the premise.

I reject the formation of the question. First you must define your god, give me proof of it's existence, and then we can talk about if I understand that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    You know why, because when we are having a discussion about the god that people believe in, and their answer to a serious discussion is that I just don't understand because I'm human and he's god, it deserves the same level of absurd response.

If you and me are debating politics and I tell you, "You are just too stupid to understand economics" I think you would take offense to that. Religious people don't see their overt arrogance when talking to non religious people.

Saying "It's god and you don't understand" is NOT an adult discussion nor is it an intelligent response. It's what you tell children to calm them down.

Prime example of how absurd theist logic is. It clearly states that he is jealous in the Bible, and we get rationalization 1, 345 to interpret it correctly...lol

This is the exact reason there are 30,000 sects of Christianity and it's hilarious anytime one of you give the "right" interpretation of what I'm reading with my own two eyes.
                    Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

yes or no.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    This is what I'm talking about. You talk about philosophy, well let me school you on debate 101.

You do not get to introduce your conclusion into the premise.

I reject the formation of the question. First you must define your god, give me proof of it's existence, and then we can talk about if I understand that.

Ponder on the red texts...

Did you see the QUESTION mark????.I put at the end of my QUESTION????. please point to me where is my "conclusion"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

yes or no.
                      Last edited by extracurRICular; 11-17-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X